Need reliable card company

So for a long time I've been sporting XFX, I have spent over $1000 with them in the past 3 years, At some point they changed the warranty on one of my motherboards without notice, it's now dead and uncovered, They literally said "I'm sorry for your loss". I bought a $350 video card from them and it arrived damaged (sealed in box) with obvious signs of a previous owner. I sent it back and I'm still waiting a week later and I'm a black edition owner. I have lost faith in them and I'm moving on, The profile I'm looking for is speedy, well cooled and well supported, If those three conditions are met then price doesn't matter to me. Also I am a rigid AMD fan, loath nvidia and the 2192361792 programs I have to run to get to all my options.

I've gone with Sapphire for the last couple of cards I've bought and have been happy with them. :)

The cards all perform well and the support I have received from them has been excellent (they even offered an RMA on a card that was out of warranty). Having said this it can take a couple of days for them to pick up your ticket.

I must say I had an XFX card beforehand and am still awaiting a response from their support from July last year. Needless to say, I have given up. :lol:

Hey Letters, almost all of us have brand loyalty that comes into play when making a purchasing decision.  Just like you had in the past with XFX.  With that being said, almost any brand name will serve you well.  The main things I consider are; warranty, price point, customer service, features, bundle and quiet cooling.

Sapphire produces good cards, but then so does MSI, HIS, Asus, Gigatbyte etc.  About the only brand I try to avoid is Powercolor because of some previous issues I've had with them.

I was looking at HD 7950s last week and Newegg had this one on sale for $289 + free shipping;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161420

It's gone up $10 since then, but if you can catch it on sale again it looks like a solid card and it was definitely one that was on my short list for a Crossfire setup.

All Sapphire cards come with a two year warranty, but you often get an additional warranty from wherever you bought the card.

I contacted XFX about an issue with a HD5450, admittedly not the most expensive card but it discouraged me from buying an XFX 7770, so I went with Sapphire. In the end it probably worked out better for me. :lol:

As wev said, it really is past experience, no doubt some people have had excellent experiences with XFX too.

Thank you, that makes total sense. I haven't been a fan of the sapphire or msi cards as every one I owned ran really hot compared the others in their line (in fact my sapphire is about 65db just gaming and its still hot :P). I guess what im looking for most is cooling and support. No strings attached take-this-crap-back-and-send-me-a-working-one reliability.

From my very limited law knowledge; a warranty agreement == contract. So surely they can't just change the terms of agreement just like that. If they offered you X yrs they HAVE to give it. Conact support, threaten legal action etc..

Also did you contact the reseller about the open product or XFX?

Try to get a non reference card if you worried about heat/noise. Asus and Gigabyte have been good to me. Heard good things about MSI and heard shit things about Powercolor, although I've used a vtx3d card before and it ran fine..

• Like 1

The open card is what they have now because it refused to fold and textures would intermittently go missing. I've been waiting and waiting. I'm about to threaten legal action over the video card if I don't hear back soon. I should contact them, I've been buying thru newegg and they are pretty good to me.