The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

bp9801

Now if they'd just release witcher 3 already

Hopefully Dragon Age Inquisition is pretty good because it is quite a wait until February.

And Bound By Flame felt like a terrible RPG to me :yucky:

Well the wait just means I can make it through some more games

The witchery logo seems pretty cool but don't know why they felt they needed a new logo haha probably just bored but they have released their own justification. Now if they'd just release witcher 3 already

Changing the logo definitely seems unnecessary, but I do like the new one, so not complaining :)

Just figured out a reason for why they changed the logo, because of a Google+ post they just put out showing a billboard for the game. The new logo does not show as strongly that it is the third game in the franchise. It is just a logo for a game named "The Witcher Wild Hunt" with some graphic. Separating the logo from its place in the franchise could potentially help market it to those who don't know it is the third game and what the graphic symbolizes. Look at the game, this game, instead of the franchise. Let people who are interested without knowing about the franchise find it as they search for more information.

Just figured out a reason for why they changed the logo, because of a Google+ post they just put out showing a billboard for the game. The new logo does not show as strongly that it is the third game in the franchise. It is just a logo for a game named "The Witcher Wild Hunt" with some graphic. Separating the logo from its place in the franchise could potentially help market it to those who don't know it is the third game and what the graphic symbolizes. Look at the game, this game, instead of the franchise. Let people who are interested without knowing about the franchise find it as they search for more information.

You make a fair point, but the majority of gamers would wind up looking up a game before dropping $60 and quickly realize it's the third iteration. Still, at a glance, I guess it does help grab my eyes than it otherwise may have.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be buying the collectors edition for this insane game as soon as they release it in the Americas. They started taking pre orders earlier today after their GOG.com stream session but it's limited only to certain european countries as of yet. There's more than 2800 copies already ordered.

The first 2 games are master pieces. CD Projekt Red can have my money. They shall lead the gaming industry forward. Valve = take a seat son.

Just posted a news item on the pre-order being available today, as well as the new trailer: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Pre-Order Detailed and E3 2014 Trailer Released. (I hope Andrew doesn't mind, but I really wanted to get it up.)

GOG.com Exclusive bonuses:

• The Witcher: House of Glass digital comic book (available today)
  • Extended soundtrack with 4 exclusive tracks (exclusive tracks available today with full soundtrack available at release)
  • Digital artbook (available on release)
  • Artworks (available today)
  • HD Wallpapers (available today)
  • Closed beta access to The Witcher Adventure Game for two people (available Summer 2014)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter Nights (available today)

Pre-orders everywhere get:

• Bonus videos
  • World Map

Already have copies of the previous Witcher games on GOG and you can 15-20% off the pre-order. (Have one and get 15% off. Have two and get 20% off.)

E3 2014 Trailer - The Sword of Destiny

:doh: Now the CDPR press release goes up with the collectors stuff. Wasn't there twenty minutes ago.

Also on the pre-order page is the launch date: February 24, 2015.

I'm hoping the CE isn't crazy expensive, but we'll see. Probably going to pick that up regardless, unless it's $150+. Based on the Polish price for it and the conversion rate, we're looking at about $115. Puts it right in line with the Witcher 2 CE, so I think W3's CE is a buy from me. :lol:

Gamestop has the CE for $149.99 actually, but it includes some neat stuff. Personally though, I'd just want the medallion and then all of the pre-order stuff from GOG. The other stuff would be nice, but it's the medallion that would be my 'Yeah, I got the Witcher 3 CE' piece.

• 2 months later...

Got into the closed beta of the adventure game, they gave me one extra key.

The Witcher: Adventure Game

BETA KEY FOR YOUR FRIEND: LQYXF7KZ

We know the beta is not restricted by any sort of NDA, but on behalf of CD PROJEKT RED we kindly ask you not to publish and/or stream any gameplay videos from it. As you know, the game is in a very early stage of development, and at this point it's not representative of the final, polished and feature-complete product quality they are striving to deliver. Thank you in advance! :)

Edited by AZNguyen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...