bp9801

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The sliding around is neat because you have some degree of control over it. I've slid down steep hills plenty. :lol: Much faster way to get down it than finding a path.

That halfpipe on Skellige?

Yes, that halfpipe is on Skellige, but you are not limited to just there. Found a place hours before that, but couldn't capture video at the time.

Also:

I have been to most of those places and let me say, they are that gorgeous.

Nice, haven't encountered snow yet, but have found some spots where I could slide around for a while if I wanted to. :lol:

I rather like the weather and sunrises/sunsets in the game. Stuff like this:

EyiBwDe.png

And this:

NKZb9Yk.png

After reading and watching a bunch of reviews about the combat system I have determined they might be right about it being dumbed down.  What do you guys think?

Anything beyond the first game has been dumbed down. The only aspect I'm not a big fan of with the combat in W3 is the fact you tend to auto-face a target, so if you're trying to head back a ways or get away for a bit, you're basically always staring someone down.

After finding this, I knew I had to share it:

After reading and watching a bunch of reviews about the combat system I have determined they might be right about it being dumbed down.  What do you guys think?

Not sure what you mean by 'dumbed-down.' Feels to better to me than it was in Witcher 2, with the various abilities you can spec for, different bombs you can use, and the crossbow. Also a number of enemies can be quite challenging, if you have not learned their weaknesses. Once you have, they become much easier to handle, but can still be a threat.

Edit: Okay, yeah, the auto-facing thing Troy mentions can be frustrating, especially if you need to run (you will be running and then Geralt will stop and turn around). Also Geralt will occasional switch off of targets for no apparent reason, but I would still not call it 'dumbed-down.'

Going to be streaming The Witcher 3 again, in about half an hour. I'll be clearing out question marks in Skellige this time, so still no fear of spoilers.

Some language, some mild spoilers, but all sorts of funny.

Free camera mod.

If anyone is in need of a spot to sell items at full price, so far I found the alchemist just north of the Oxenfurt Gate of Novigrad to buy items at full price. All items, really, even trophies. Only downside is his limited supply of money.

Information about the upcoming 1.05 patch has been revealed by CDP.

Some of the fixes include the following:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements. 
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs 
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Information about the upcoming 1.05 patch has been revealed by CDP.

Some of the fixes include the following:

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

Only thing i really wanted, if someone could post a before and after screenshot on the font sizes on PC, that would be grand :)

This is the before, so not sure how much bigger it needs to be on PC.

oDXuWjF.png

On consoles, yeah, it probably should be a lot larger, but PC is fine, imo.