bp9801

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I JUST FOUND OUT I CAN PICK UP PHYSICAL COPY TONIGHT!!!! ANOTHER RETAILER SCREWED UP AND THE RELEASE WAS GREENLIT FOR TONIGHT AT 4!!!!

I JUST FOUND OUT I CAN PICK UP PHYSICAL COPY TONIGHT!!!! ANOTHER RETAILER SCREWED UP AND THE RELEASE WAS GREENLIT FOR TONIGHT AT 4!!!!

Yeah, I heard places had broken the street date. Ah well, at least you can play it early instead of waiting!

Also, GameWorks video.

Just out of curiosity, how many have their copy on Steam and how many have it on GOG? Mine is a GOG copy so I'm using Galaxy to launch it (through a Steam shortcut so I can get screenshots as Galaxy doesn't have that feature yet, but I don't have to use Steam).

GOG here. 20% off plus all the extra goodies did me in. Oh, and the fact that I actually own my copy of the game instead of a borrowed license.

For those playing, early thoughts?

Btw, be sure to grab the DLC Installers to get your first two of 16 free DLCs.

Got it up and running at 1080P, settings on high w/ no hair effects. Haven't seen my 690 so taxed in awhile.. running in the low 80's to high 70's. Sheesh.

Even without HairWorks enabled, the hair looks pretty nice. Good to see it move around some, more than most other games.

I wish my 770 could pull things off on High. :lol: I'm in the 40s with most on Medium and a few on High, although I may drop SSAO and go without that, see what that helps. Even with mostly Medium, it looks freaking amazing.

Oh, also, under the Graphics settings, turn On Hardware Mouse in order to disable mouse acceleration.

So how is everyone enjoying the game? Anything you've noticed, interesting details, neat discoveries while exploring? Life consumed yet?

I love the lip syncing and facial detail. Looks simply fantastic and quite lifelike. Characters are impressive, all just kind of get by in this fairly dark world they live in.

cj is taking it slow an easy, and just enjoying getting back into it,...i tried to run it on my lappy but it just wasn't powerful enough to handle it,...the video looked ok but the mouse was lagging way behind the action, so i uninstalled it,...disappointing but oh well. the machine was never meant to be a gamer...oh, and i got a call from gamestop while i was in florida, they told me that there was going to be a special early release and i could come pick up my game sunday night before closing...well i wasn't there, but it was nice of them,...i have me the full dvd gog version, and paid for the expansion pass while i was at it,...

Aw, well at least you have the digital copy CJ and can get it running on your rig once you get home.

Apparently a massive patch is inbound with over 600 changes, with some being of the graphical setting and general graphics variety. Was sent to certification earlier today, so should be ready to go within a week. There's also going to be a separate patch for PC that will let us mess with the .ini file to boost the graphical fidelity even higher. Maybe CDP will add in an FoV slider even.