Sign in to follow this  
nsplayer

Transfer from hdd to ssd hybrid

I am in process of completing my first new computer build. I was planning on using my old hdd to transfer all files and os to new ssd hybrid....750g. Old hdd is 460g so lots of room to transfer data. Problem is that from what I have been reading, is that its not a direct transfer. My new system is       CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3.4Ghz -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -

Psu: Corsair HX850M -

Ram: G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1800 Kit
SSD Hybrid :Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Solid State Hybrid SATA

Sorry I do not have the links to my old system as that computer is about 6 yrs old and I needed an upgrade so decided to build it. What I was looking for was if I needed another external hdd to copy to and then transfer to ssd as from what I have been reading it sounds that way. I thought it could be a direct transfer but not sure. The building part was the easy stuff....the data transfer is not so easy for me. I plan on putting in old hdd to transfer all files and os and then removing it after. I do not have oem windows 7 boot discs as it did not come with it when I bought the old computer.

I was just reading some info online and it was saying that register key may be needed if many items are changed from original. As I am changing everything and just copying from 1 computer to another so to speak will I need they key numbers?

Edited by nsplayer