Belkin Acquires Linksys From Cisco

kyfire

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to derail this thread, but which networking company do you guys find is the most reliable for consumer routers and such.  I'm asking because I've had nothing but good luck with Linksys, whereas Belkin and D-link have given me a lot of trouble.  I haven't tried Netgear yet :dunno:

For home consumer use the Asus wireless routers are pretty good for the money.

Not to derail this thread, but which networking company do you guys find is the most reliable for consumer routers and such.  I'm asking because I've had nothing but good luck with Linksys, whereas Belkin and D-link have given me a lot of trouble.  I haven't tried Netgear yet :dunno:

For home consumer use the Asus wireless routers are pretty good for the money.

Ya I am a huge fan of Asus routers too :)

I haven't used Asus routers but they are company who just knows how to make like everything they do well.

I am very happy with our Dlink DIR-655 at the moment, my Tenda USB wireless adapters have been good, and I believe our old Netgear router never gave us problems (I think we only upgraded from it because LOL Wireless B)

This one created quite the headache too

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sansa_c250_mp3_player/

Oh the good old days haha

I actually used to have that particular MP3 player, can't say the review is very accurate from what I remember but maybe I had a post review one that they improved on. I recall it being quite a nice little player and my favorite thing about it was that it didn't require any software to connect to a computer. It was my first Sansa and ever since I've been in love with their players.

I prefer Linksys and have recommended it to family and friends for years...even purchased a couple for my old job.

Prior to my recent Linksys purchase (the E3000), I had an ASUS one (I forget the model number) and it broke on me...wireless just kept cutting off no matter what I did.

Aside from the reliability I've had over the years, one of the main reasons I recommend Linksys' current batch of routers is because of its Cisco Connect software, which makes setting up with wireless security a breeze - it means less people calling me to help set things up :lol:.

Of course now that Belkin is buying Linksys, I'm curious to see how the setup software will be in the future.

EDIT: As for D-Link, I don't know how their wireless signal is, but it always seemed like ports would go bad.