Belkin Acquires Linksys From Cisco

kyfire

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news makes me severely unhappy.  I've had the (dis)pleasure of using some of Belkin's products before.  I've also had the pleasure of enjoying all of my quality Linksys products.  I sure hope Belkin does not inject any of its QC or design flaws into the Linksys brand.  

This news makes me severely unhappy.  I've had the (dis)pleasure of using some of Belkin's products before.  I've also had the pleasure of enjoying all of my quality Linksys products.  I sure hope Belkin does not inject any of its QC or design flaws into the Linksys brand.  

I agree. I personally can't stand Belkin products nor the way they conduct business, to be perfectly honest Belkin can kiss my ass. Ya I said it lol.

I hate Belkin with a passion with every bone in my body.

I have a Belkin network card in my rig and I have to say it is absolute rubbish. When it actually connects to the wireless networks, sometimes it doesn't respond to pings and sometimes the delay is like 200ms.

I normally end up using ICS on my laptop instead.

The only thing Belkin is good at is Cell phone and tablet accessories.

Let's hope they are aquiring linksys to improve their horrible networking products not make linksys' products worse.

Edited by Whatislove

I have mixed feelings on this, on one hand I feel that it's horrible that Belkin is going to control more of the consumer market. In my experience they have the worst networking products around. On the other hand I hope that this means Cisco will focus on what they are actually good at, which is business and enterprise level networking. If they don't start changing things for the better soon I have a feeling they will be losing their position as the market leader in that segment. I Personally really don't care for Juniper products, and would much rather continue to work on Cisco devices as long as they get their act together.

I agree with what others have said about how crappy Belkin networking products are. Then again it isn't like Linksys is top notch either. All this does is give the worst network equipment company in the world more of the market share. :(

Linksys was a shitstain on Ciscos name anyway lol.

Couldn't agree more. That was a purchase Cisco should have never even thought about.

I have mixed feelings on this, on one hand I feel that it's horrible that Belkin is going to control more of the consumer market. In my experience they have the worst networking products around. On the other hand I hope that this means Cisco will focus on what they are actually good at, which is business and enterprise level networking. If they don't start changing things for the better soon I have a feeling they will be losing their position as the market leader in that segment. I Personally really don't care for Juniper products, and would much rather continue to work on Cisco devices as long as they get their act together.

Cisco makes great business/enterprise level equipment. I prefer them over Juniper only because I am more familiar with ios than junos. Other than that quality/feature wise Juniper can hang with Cisco all day long so to speak. At the SMB level though it is hard to beat Mikrotik purely because of their price points.