Sign in to follow this  
LoTek

Typical 2500+ Question

Ok I know this topic has probably been exhausted but I am looking for some input nonetheless. I've been itching to upgrade my current system - so I ordered a 2500+ retail (hasn't come yet but more than likely it'll be locked). I'll be using it on my Epox EP-83DA3. I currently have 512MB (single stick) of Samsung PC2700 memory. If I was to overclock the 2500+, would I be able to get it up to 3200+ like everyone else? ...or would I need faster ram (pc3200, etc..)? If I'm going to need faster ram, which do you recommend (Brand/Type)? What's a good price? Also if I end up buying new memory, I've heard so much about dual channel, is it really worth it? I'd like to have a total of 1GB in total because I run a lot of engineering programs on my system as well.

Thanks.

loTek

you could hit 3200 with that pc2700 ram. if that epox board allows you to lock the agp/pci frequencies then you could up your fsb to 200 and set your ram to spd. your ram would then stay at 166mhz.

I believe the board allows me to lock the agp / pci frequencies. I'll check the bios once I restart later :P

If I am able to hit the 3200+ mark on my memory, I'm going to guess that I'll hit a wall soon after if I try to OC it further, right? I guess I will see once the chip comes in. Currently I have a Volcano 7+ - will this be good enough to support the new chip?