What would be a better upgrade?

nickk47

Good point...upgrading to that 65nm cpu will surely help me in terms of battery life as well.

Just a question, my optical drive will not respond to anything I do. Device Manager recognizes it, but when I press the eject button, it wont respond, and even if I manually put a disk in, it won't spin. Is it dead?

Check the connectors on the optical drive or update drivers perhaps?

Well it was working perfectly fine before so I don't think drivers are the problem.

One day, I was curious on what kind of connector the optical drive uses for a laptop, so I detached it and put it back in...and after that it won't work anymore.

I DID accidently touch the lens that reads the drive, but it still should spin the disk...or light up or do something. Anyways, I barely use it so whatever.

The person selling the CPU on eBay for some reason dropped the price to $8 shipping included, so I went ahead and ordered that too.

After all these upgrades, I think my laptop should be snappier in Windows and run Dota2 very well on the current resolution!

For some reason upgrading this crappy laptop feels really rewarding compared to upgrading a desktop. Maybe it's because the upgrades are so cheap and the benefits (should be) significant!