Stonerboy has some audio gear....

Stonerboy779

M, you obviously have an ear for this stuff. you should hear the Model 19's  (Voice of the theatre) as they were known, through the Nakamichi PA-7, playing a half speed master vinyl on my Pioneer PL-71 direct drive TT.

You can close your eyes and here what row the violinist is sitting in. It's really cool.

...now if I can just talk my dad into selling me his Carver Silver 7.

You didn't miss a t then did you? You are talking about actual Carver Silver 7s?

fark if you ever get them I would find a way to have a holiday to that states to listen and transfer myself into a musical heaven :D

no, I have been drooling over his silver 7 for years. I bought the Nakamichi PA-7 from him when he 'upgraded'. He is a huge audiophile. I remember going with him to buy them. You had to make an appointment to even see them at IMS in MPLS.....snobs LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M, you obviously have an ear for this stuff. you should hear the Model 19's  (Voice of the theatre) as they were known, through the Nakamichi PA-7, playing a half speed master vinyl on my Pioneer PL-71 direct drive TT.

You can close your eyes and here what row the violinist is sitting in. It's really cool.

You didn't miss a t then did you? You are talking about actual Carver Silver 7s?

fark if you ever get them I would find a way to have a holiday to that states to listen and transfer myself into a musical heaven :D

no, I have been drooling over his silver 7 for years. I bought the Nakamichi PA-7 from him when he 'upgraded'. He is a huge audiophile. I remember going with him to buy them. You had to make an appointment to even see them at IMS in MPLS.....snobs LOL

Well with a price tag of $17k+ you really have to put up with it. I have realistic dreams and even hearing what is pretty much the grail of tube amps has never factored in, let alone being so lucky as you as to have the chance to listen to and one day maybe inherit one.

What does your Dad run? I ask hesitantly knowing he has a Carver Silver 7.

Well with a price tag of $17k+ you really have to put up with it. I have realistic dreams and even hearing what is pretty much the grail of tube amps has never factored in, let alone being so lucky as you as to have the chance to listen to and one day maybe inherit one.

What does your Dad run? I ask hesitantly knowing he has a Carver Silver 7.

I don'rt know what speakers he is running right now, they just built a house and he had his own theatre/ listening room built. He was still deciding between a few options , one's I have never heard of, a Majico M5 or something. whatever he drags in will be something to listen to.

I don'rt know what speakers he is running right now, they just built a house and he had his own theatre/ listening room built. He was still deciding between a few options , one's I have never heard of, a Majico M5 or something. whatever he drags in will be something to listen to.

Can't say I have heard of the Magico M5s the name Magico sounds vaguely familiar though. Very jeaulous and cannot wait till I get to the point in my life where I get to build my own house, it will definately feature its own thearted and a seperate dedicated listening room (the room with the best view :) )

Edit: $89k a pair and 360lb a piece  :doh: i'll say one thing, your dad has done well for himself in life.

Well I got the unit yesterday and the Garrard TT which is in fairly good nick. Slipping a bit but nothing that isn't easily fixable. There is a bunch of tubes that I can store which will work with my console not to mention the fact they're from the same company and runs that aren't too far apart. There is a hinge also to replace the butchered one and it looks like things will turn out great.

8395268995_66358ed0e8_b.jpg

I stripped the cabinet fully yesterday pulling the last bits out. Will be vaccum and wash it today to get 50 years of dust out of some spots. Then I'll be restoring the finish and my goal is to look as good or better than some internal pieces. A comparison of the two top pieces one of them upside down.

8395267609_b0795cc322_b.jpg

The mahogany looks to be in good shape! nice stuff :thumbsup:

Some bits aren't some are and when its polished and waxed up it should look phenomenal :)

Sad I don't have anywhere to put it so I think I'll let my Nan keep it in her lounge for me.

For the bits that are in rougher shape you could give them a good once over with an orbital and some 400/600 grit. Being 50+ years old the veneer is probbly 3/32" thick and not the 1/64" Japanese stuff they use today. so if you put water in any dents and let it sit small one will re-expand flush or close to it.

For the bits that are in rougher shape you could give them a good once over with an orbital and some 400/600 grit. Being 50+ years old the veneer is probbly 3/32" thick and not the 1/64" Japanese stuff they use today. so if you put water in any dents and let it sit small one will re-expand flush or close to it.

Well my dad was a French Polisher at one point so I'll be alright haha. There really isn't any dents or warps. Not many scratches at least deep ones. There is a bit of swelling along the rear of the lid and a few chips here and there.

Will need to spilt open the lid a bit more insert glue and clamp shut. Get it back together and let it bind on the hinge screws again.

Not going to strip the finish instead will restore it by remelting the shellac to keep the most of the original look and hopefully maintain the gorgeous golden colour.