CUDA not detected?

NCC10281982B

As i have said I have been getting "faild" errors on my secondary rig.

Capture.JPG

I know I installed the most recent version. Looking at the GPU compatibility page https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus. I see the compute compatibility column I have to wonder is I need a different version. I am also unsure if I selected the right driver for the card.

nvidia_driver.jpg

I dont think the Fx 1700 has CUDA support.

edit; NVM it's a G84GL so a 8600GT but it may not make the min requirements in vram, it's diffently CUDA 1.0 which I dont think is supported anymore. I remeber having a Quadro 370 that the CUDA didn't work on, you could try on the nvidia forums in no one has a real answer for you.

edit 2: another option is if you are switching from a Geforce or a Ati card to do a clean install by uninstalling, restarting, driver sweaper, reboot, delete folder and reinstall. that might be the issue. I had CUDA vashies a few times when I switched cards.

Edited by hornybluecow

if it's just cuda you need and not the Quadro part of it than a geforce is going to be much better. You can have as many Geforce cards as you like and stack CUDA. Quadros, not so much, you want more than 1 card your looking at thousands.

Just remeber Kelper core isn't very good with CUDA, a Femi core may produce more heat but is bang for the buck for cuda.

Edited by hornybluecow