Fans for watercooling

skyjam

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/yate_loon_d12sl-12_120mm_case_fan_review/1

TTL seems to be in love with them.

I'll take the high static pressure and a "quiet bedroom at night" of 26dB Excaliburs, but good luck with whatever you decide : :cheers:

Low speed Late Yoons are great even when running full speed and are cheap enough to run push/pull without killing your wallet too. :cheers:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"26 dB" is how they're rated. I know you know better than to trust ANY noise rating for cooling fans. :lol:

No I don't. I don't think there is any real standard and they are all over the place, but the EX's are quiet.

Look at the 28dB rating on the YL's , I don't think they are even that loud. Thats why I went through such a trial and error before landing on the Excalibur's. The cougars are rated at 2.2 mm H2O ....but I don't think so.

Its what makes this such a spendy proposition  :doh:  . Ya have to buy them and try them to get the real story. in short...the Excalibur's check out...so I kept them :cheers:

....wanna buy some Cougars and Noctuas?   :lol:

^

skyjam, what products are those that you're using to test those fans?

Oh I wasn't the one to do these tests. Its a channel that I found on youtube... the name is coolingtechnique; however, if my eyes serve me correctly they are using some kind of dc power supply.  I have seen them before in my school's labs but I'm not too sure of what their specific name is.

I guess it just comes down to personal preference as far as my choices are concerned... 

Just to let everyone know if they were curious I've decided to get Corsair's 2 SP120 (probably the quiet but maybe the high performance) and 2 AF120 quiet edition

Does your motherboard have enough 4 pin header to accommodate all of those? If not, then you should consider about getting a fan controller.

If you get the high performance version I'd definitely suggest a fan controller.

Not to mention that while probably not an issue on those 25mm fans, some high performance fans will overload a mobo connector since they are only rated at some puny setting like 1A.

I always recommend a fan controller for performance fans since they run off a PSU Molex instead, and if you really need the RPM monitoring you can split the sense wire(usually blue) to the mobo.