Sign in to follow this  
Nyt

2013 Firearms Discussion

On the general firearms topic:

I read this article about dogs in Scotland today and i struck me how similar their arguments are to the anti gun crowd in the US. I mean really, micro-chipping and muzzling all the law abiding people's dogs will stop those feral dogs or irresponsible people's dogs from biting people? Sounds real similar to the remove the law abiding citizens guns but not the ones that will cause trouble... Its laughable, and whats really laughable is an anti-gun family member laughed at it till i pointed out the similarities to their stance, then they started defending it...

Typical Anti Nonsense.... Sigh.

In all honestly I bought that mag on a whim because it looked cool.  :pfp:

It is a double stacked BX25 magazine, essentially Ruger saw that mags were being taped together (been done in all types of mags for ever) and so after they came out with their normal BX25 twenty five round mags they actually created a from the factory double sided fifty round mag. Its all injection moulded as one piece, so its thinner than if you were to tape to preexisting BX25s together.

That being said, I have not shot it yet, but even just handling it it seems cumbersome, I don't see myself using it all that much, I'll probably just return it or sell it for two normal mags. The cool factor is there, but usability/ergonomics seems low.

Then again I CAN SHOOT MORE BULLETS WITHOUT RELOADING, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by Andrewr05

Just bought 3 more 10 round mags, I'm gonna try and trade this double stack in for two regular 25 rounders...

8tOgrEv.jpg

Tell me, i have never had the chance to break one of those down before, how easy is it to break down and put back together?

Removed the scope and added some techsights (pics soon!), also I picked up a few dual mag clips.

BIBTkau.jpg

I took my 22A-1 out to hold yesterday and the S&W etching/writing and the "dismantle button" are both rusty already. WTH :(

I took my 22A-1 out to hold yesterday and the S&W etching/writing and the "dismantle button" are both rusty already. WTH :(

So you failed to adequately lube it before storage! 

So you failed to adequately lube it before storage! 

Guess I didn't read up on storage rules :-/