2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

That's still not bad depending on how much the ffl dealer charges to do the transfer. Some charge 30-100 for incoming ffl transfer so most of the time buying in store is the same as online or more in some cases. Plus it's a big hassle to buy online. Unlile what the national media/democrats say with their mythical 'loophole'.

I really wanna check out a gunshow...

Gun shows seem to be hit or miss now. Price gouging can be as bad as ammo on guns but deals are still there if a decent selection is around. Parts and gn prices are mostly back to normal but ammo gouging is still there.

Gun shows seem to be hit or miss now. Price gouging can be as bad as ammo on guns but deals are still there if a decent selection is around. Parts and gn prices are mostly back to normal but ammo gouging is still there.

Yeah this ammo BS is beyond annoying...

As for buying guns I'd research pricing on guns before I go (or just price check while I'm there if I see something new I like)

• Like 1

If I did nt get into reloading before the craziness started I probably wouldn't be shooting much.

Yeah, I definitely wanna learn how to reload myself though I'd still be rather SOL on .22LR. :wallbash:

Got to know the pricing on the items you are looking for before you hit the gun shows. My M&P .45 was supposed to go for $599 but I got it for $100 less so deals are out there you just have to hit all the tables because pricing varies wildly.

If I did nt get into reloading before the craziness started I probably wouldn't be shooting much.

Yeah, I definitely wanna learn how to reload myself though I'd still be rather SOL on .22LR. :wallbash:

It's a pretty fun hobby. Cool to see what works best with different combos of powders and bullets.

Got to know the pricing on the items you are looking for before you hit the gun shows. My M&P .45 was supposed to go for $599 but I got it for $100 less so deals are out there you just have to hit all the tables because pricing varies wildly.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid17.html

This will make a huge difference in your m&p .45 Drops pull weight from 7lbs to .4.5-5ish. After putting this in mine it is now my favorite gun hands down.

Edited by iluvstrats2

well I found out a desert eagle .50 aint for me tonight but had fun with the 357 revolver using .38 rounds and a few 357 rounds shot the same .45 as my first trip to the range and we blew through about 300 9mm rounds my safety director only brought about 4000 .45 rounds with him lol no pics that I know of yet and I forgot my target that while I was shooting rather low I was rapid firing my taurus constantly

Misfires on reloaded stuff can be a few things. Primers being set too deep or sticking out a small amount. Squibs can be bad. If you get a 'poof' and no recoil but eject the case and no bullet in it check the barrel. If you get a bullet stuck in the barrel and then rack the slide and load a new round in it can end up very bad for you and the gun. Seen a lot of factory new ammo lately having them. In the rush to make as much as possible it seems like factories are having quality control issues.