2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

After you tire of a bolt action .22 rifle, make sure and pick you up a Ruger 10/22 to add to your collection.

Simply one of the funnest plinkers on the planet. Reliable, durable, accurate, fun and inexpensive to shoot.

I hear they're overrated :P, a Marlin Model 75/Model 60 is just a nice a plinker but at a fraction the cost. I did alot of reading into the Model 60 since I thought that was what I was going to bring home but ended up with the M1 Carbine (which I found out yesterday is HIGHLY illegal in NJ so I need to jet that thing back over to PA again) and the Model 75 I guess is my only rifle.

If you want to compare closer apples though, I think the newer Model 795 is more of a direct competitor to the Ruger 10/22

Show me someone that says 10/22s are over rated and i'll show you someone that doesn't know what they're talking about lol. No other .22 has as many accessories as the 10/22. It's like the AR platform of .22 rifles.
I meant moreso that I could get a Marlin (or use my sister's Model 75) and be just as happy (or happier due to better price or free lol). I don't need to dress it up all pretty/fancy to enjoy it, just a very solid out of the box gun and the Marlin does that much better for my dollar, ya know?

I appreciate the recommendation though, sorry if I seemed to come off insulting. I know the 10/22s are good, but I likely won't have one. (and don't try selling me a Glock either lol)

(and don't try selling me a Glock either lol)

I'm not a fan of Glocks.  I'd take an XD or M&P over a Glock any day.  Only thing worse than a Glock is Glock fanboys :lol:

I'm not a fan of Glocks. I'd take an XD or M&P over a Glock any day. Only thing worse than a Glock is Glock fanboys :lol:

Ain't that the truth, I saw a rock island 1911 in the store and thought of you (that's the kind you have right??)

I'm not a fan of Glocks. I'd take an XD or M&P over a Glock any day. Only thing worse than a Glock is Glock fanboys :lol:

Ain't that the truth, I saw a rock island 1911 in the store and thought of you (that's the kind you have right??)

1911 yes.  Not an RIA though.  Mine is a Dan Wesson.

Well I can technically use the Marlin Model 75 my sister inherited from my grandpa's house but ideally I'd want something bolt action.... there was a nice Marlin 22" bolt action rifle on dick's website that looked damn nice for $190.

There's a lot of negative buzz about the quality of Marlins since they moved their factory.  I'd go with a Savage right now to be safe, just my opinion.

Edited by Phil

I hear they're overrated :P

Then apparently you haven't spoken to anyone that actually has one..................  Anybody that tells you that is a dumb ass who has never laid their hands on a 10/22 stock or retrofitted with some cool accessories..... period.

1911 yes.  Not an RIA though.  Mine is a Dan Wesson.

Wasn't it you that was selling an RIA version though??

Well I can technically use the Marlin Model 75 my sister inherited from my grandpa's house but ideally I'd want something bolt action.... there was a nice Marlin 22" bolt action rifle on dick's website that looked damn nice for $190.

There's a lot of negative buzz about the quality of Marlins since they moved their factory.  I'd go with a Savage right now to be safe, just my opinion.

The Model 75 I have is pretty old and likely before the factory was relocated. :) Thanks for the tip though, I didn't know that.

I hear they're overrated :P, a Marlin Model 75/Model 60 is just a nice a plinker but at a fraction the cost. I did alot of reading into the Model 60 since I thought that was what I was going to bring home but ended up with the M1 Carbine (which I found out yesterday is HIGHLY illegal in NJ so I need to jet that thing back over to PA again) and the Model 75 I guess is my only rifle.

Then apparently you haven't spoken to anyone that actually has one..................  Any body that tell you that is a dumb ass who has never laid their hands on a 10/22 stock or retrofitted with some cool accessories..... period

I just meant the Marlin will handle just as well for cheaper out of the box, this wouldn't be my final super rifle that I'd be interested in modding to my liking. Just want a nice cheaper rifle to mess around with until I "graduate" to a larger round with one.

I'm not even thinking of moving up to higher calibers until this whole ammo nightmare goes away though haha.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Maybe next monday I will get some picks of various handguns and a few rifles I will get to fire at the range. The treat will be the desert eagle .50 pistol and a .44mag lever action rifle :)

Maybe next monday I will get some picks of various handguns and a few rifles I will get to fire at the range. The treat will be the desert eagle .50 pistol and a .44mag lever action rifle :)

My dad is really itching for some kind of lever action rifle lol

Wasn't it you that was selling an RIA version though??

Nope that wasn't me.  I don't sell guns.  They're like my children lol

Oh, someone on here was...(nvm, it was Camarodude selling his American Tactical Import 1911...I just kept thinking it was you for some reason lol)

My dad is really itching for some kind of lever action rifle lol

I love mine, lever action Marlin 30-30. Rock solid dependable rifle, been in the family for a long time dead accurate at 200yds iron and nice groupings even further out with a good scope. Nice short profile for the thick woods round here and plenty of stopping power.