2013 Firearms Discussion

Nyt

good luck it is doable but hard as hell to hit just the right area without blowing the match head to pieces

Yeah, its proven to be harder than I thought. I've just ended up blowing the match to smithereens all day today lol. 

Just keep in mind we're not going to believe you unless there's video.

That's another thing. I've got no camera other than my phone which has no stand. :lol: Part of me is hoping I don't manage to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

My first gun is ordered!!
$389 out the door (once the background check clears)

Ended up going with the S&W 22A-1 w/7" barrel

107430_01_md.jpg

This video, along with the feel of it sold me on its worthiness

I've never shot one of these specifically but .22 target pistols in general are perfect for a first gun.

Cheap ammo, accurate and it really gets you used to using iron sights at long distances.

When/if you can I would definitely recommend picking up a cheap .22 rifle as well.

I've never shot one of these specifically but .22 target pistols in general are perfect for a first gun.

Cheap ammo, accurate and it really gets you used to using iron sights at long distances.

When/if you can I would definitely recommend picking up a cheap .22 rifle as well.

Well I can technically use the Marlin Model 75 my sister inherited from my grandpa's house but ideally I'd want something bolt action.... there was a nice Marlin 22" bolt action rifle on dick's website that looked damn nice for $190.

I fell in love with the Taurus Tracker 990 6.5" Revolver when I was there too... I believe that will be my second pistol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

After you tire of a bolt action .22 rifle, make sure and pick you up a Ruger 10/22 to add to your collection.

Simply one of the funnest plinkers on the planet.  Reliable, durable, accurate, fun and inexpensive to shoot.

After you tire of a bolt action .22 rifle, make sure and pick you up a Ruger 10/22 to add to your collection.

Simply one of the funnest plinkers on the planet.  Reliable, durable, accurate, fun and inexpensive to shoot.

I hear they're overrated :P, a Marlin Model 75/Model 60 is just a nice a plinker but at a fraction the cost. I did alot of reading into the Model 60 since I thought that was what I was going to bring home but ended up with the M1 Carbine (which I found out yesterday is HIGHLY illegal in NJ so I need to jet that thing back over to PA again) and the Model 75 I guess is my only rifle.

If you want to compare closer apples though, I think the newer Model 795 is more of a direct competitor to the Ruger 10/22

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I hear they're overrated :P, a Marlin Model 75/Model 60 is just a nice a plinker but at a fraction the cost. I did alot of reading into the Model 60 since I thought that was what I was going to bring home but ended up with the M1 Carbine (which I found out yesterday is HIGHLY illegal in NJ so I need to jet that thing back over to PA again) and the Model 75 I guess is my only rifle.

If you want to compare closer apples though, I think the newer Model 795 is more of a direct competitor to the Ruger 10/22

Show me someone that says 10/22s are over rated and i'll show you someone that doesn't know what they're talking about lol.  No other .22 has as many accessories as the 10/22.  It's like the AR platform of .22 rifles.