Sign in to follow this  
Stealth3si

What is a decent cheap gaming keyboard?

Gaming keyboards are getting a ton of mixed definitions that is why it is important to know what you are looking for. For some people it means Macro keys. For others backlighting, for still others it might mean mechanical. In the end ANY keyboard can get the job done in gaming, in fact I think the term "gaming keyboard" should be done away with. Look at the pro gamers, they do not use macros and most do not use backlighting.

On the point however, the Sidewinder X4 is a solid buy for a good quality keyboard.

To be fair, macros are mostly used for MMOs and eSports are generally FPSs and RTSs. Yeah, I guess one could technically set up a macro to buy the appropriate guns in CS or whatnot, but there's really little point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191 Great price atm you cant go wrong with this one.

Damn, I may have to grab that too!

Gaming keyboards are getting a ton of mixed definitions that is why it is important to know what you are looking for. For some people it means Macro keys. For others backlighting, for still others it might mean mechanical. In the end ANY keyboard can get the job done in gaming, in fact I think the term "gaming keyboard" should be done away with. Look at the pro gamers, they do not use macros and most do not use backlighting.

On the point however, the Sidewinder X4 is a solid buy for a good quality keyboard.

I agree, it is a silly term. I generally interpret it as a "not crap" keyboard lol, but yeah often with one or a combination of the features you mentioned.