Sign in to follow this  
My_Inner_Fred

Midi Keyboard Suggestion?

I'm looking for a Midi keyboard preferably with weighted keys. I have never owned a midi keyboard before so I don't know what makes a midi keyboard good and what makes it substandard. 

Going to be using the keyboard with FL studio 10 and various other programs after I do more research. Budget is around $200 but I'm flexible. 

Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated!

Alright so after some research I've come down with this Midi keyboard: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Professional-MPK-Mini-Laptop-Production-Keyboard-106224769-i1629984.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&cagpspn=pla

Its smaller than what I was originally looking for but I have no space to place it on my desk. I don't have a second desk to put it on either so I'm just going to put it in the keyboard bay my desk has that isn't being used at the moment. 

Dimensions of this keyboard is 6" x 13.6" x 1.2" so I'll have more than enough space.

Desk keyboard bay has around 14.2" x 22.7" x 3.5" 

Anyone have any suggestions on a bigger midi keyboard? Or advice? Cheaper the better but any suggestions are appreciated!

it depends if you play the piano... I would personally prefer at least 3-4 full octaves...but if you're just using it for more beats and then melodies now and again..that one's good

I do not play the piano but I'm hoping to learn how to play via midi keyboard. I'll also be using this for other musical purposes via FL studio. 

I will eventually get a weighted MIDI keyboard for more of a piano feel.