Sign in to follow this  
Stonerboy779

Windows 8 Secure Boot - Urgent Help Requested

Well unknown to me there is this lovely little "feature" of Windows 8 own laptops that is called Secure Boot. This means that regrettably I cannot boot from my Windows 7 install disc to install Windows 7.

No amount of playing around in the uefi bios with security setting has enabled me to boot. All I get is a message saying "DVD ROM Drive blocked by current security settings".

Really hope someone can help because I need to disable this secure boot so I can have Windows 7 installed and ready for my mum in 12 hours time when she gets her new laptop from me.

Don't worry its working now one of the settings just didn't hold when I reset. The install disc is booting now goodbye Win 8 really not going to miss you, you piece of shit.

Resisting the urge to break this laptop because it is issue after issue after issue.....

Need to find a way to stop the HDD freezing when I try to use the install disc :pfp:

Sounds like user error :P

Partially not entirely

I really don't think it should take 2 hours for me to now finally get into the fucking install windows screen grrrr

Basically kiddos do the following

Open the charms bar hit the cog and while holding shift down click on the power button and select restart

Keep holding shift till a menu pops up

Go through to advanced settings blagh blagh then reboot into uefi bios

Once in bios remove all security settibgs if any

Disable secure boot and set bios to legacy not uefi restart

Now you can finally properly use the install disk

Fuck you MS I am trying to install your own bloody software but you still make that stupidly hard.

/rant

• Like 1