Sign in to follow this  
Assassin X

Win 7 (64) freezing computer! Memory wrong voltage?

I have Win 7 (64) as noted. Problem is Anywhere from 10 minutes to within a few hours of turning it on it suddenly freezes. Not 100% frozen. I can still move my cursor around and most times the Task Manager still opens. But I am forced to shut it down from the button on top of the tower if it doesn't restart when (if) I can get to the option. I thought maybe it was Malware or something (and ran programs...etc). But after looking online I found this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/random-freezes-with-windows-7-64-bit/85cad5d1-dace-415d-9b06-5c609209e232?page=1

It looks like many people have this problem with Win 7. Is this true that its something with Win 7? If so how do I stop it from freezing then? A few mention something about a voltage settings for the memory. Just for some info I notice my SVCHost tends to hit 200MB around when it crashes. So not sure if thats the cause or not. 

post-17224-0-35253500-1356326833_thumb.jpg

Edited by Assassin X

What is the config of the system in which this problem is happening?

It could be one of the typical PSU issue.