Gun control

Coors

They have taken this even farther with tobacco use. For example I enjoy a cigar about once a month, sitting with my best friend on the deck with some cognac. Because of work we do not get together often and weather inhibits this as well so I end up smoking about 6 cigars a year. Now lets be real 6 cigars a year is NOT a health risk. However the new policies by insurance companies and the requirements under Obamacare will result in my having my insurance rates hiked as much at 40% if I told this to the doctor. Now I can understand this if we are talking about a 2 pack a day chain smoker but to lump me into that same category is just nuts.

Every time my doc asks I just ask them if they really think smoking 3-5 cigars a year will impact my health more than anything else in my environment. Not one has reported me as a smoker yet. :lol:

They have taken this even farther with tobacco use. For example I enjoy a cigar about once a month, sitting with my best friend on the deck with some cognac. Because of work we do not get together often and weather inhibits this as well so I end up smoking about 6 cigars a year. Now lets be real 6 cigars a year is NOT a health risk. However the new policies by insurance companies and the requirements under Obamacare will result in my having my insurance rates hiked as much at 40% if I told this to the doctor. Now I can understand this if we are talking about a 2 pack a day chain smoker but to lump me into that same category is just nuts.

Every time my doc asks I just ask them if they really think smoking 3-5 cigars a year will impact my health more than anything else in my environment. Not one has reported me as a smoker yet. :lol:

Well I think the difference is that cigarettes you inhale and cigars you don't. At least that is what I have always been told.  

Even though this may have been said somewhere in the last 21 pages of this thread, most of the time the person(s) doing the shooting DID NOT acquire the weapons thru legal means. Sso making the laws stricter for law abiding citizens will still have no effect on the criminals essentially taking guns out of legal hands so that the only people who have them are the criminals. And that just makes a world of sense now doesn't it. So your home can be invaded by some criminal who purchased a firearm from the trunk of some car, but you won'y be able go out and legally purchase one from a store so that you can be prepared for such an event.

TJ, you don't have to inhale cigarettes.

You do if you want them to do anything lol.  Thats like drinking alcohol but not swallowing it.

Edited by Coors

You do if you want them to do anything lol.  Thats like drinking alcohol but not swallowing it.

Well there is is such a thing as wine tasting... :P

I suppose people don't really enjoy the taste of a cigarette the same way as wine though.

So do tell, what exactly are they supposed to do? Stain your teeth and fill your lungs with tar?

So do tell, what exactly are they supposed to do?

Nicotine is a drug.

Nicotine is a drug.

I know that. But i never figured out what people get out of it.

Nicotine is a drug.

I know that. But i never figured out what people get out of it.

I don't know myself but most people seem to say it relaxes them.

increase minimum max sentences to life without perole

for individuals who possess an illegally obtained firearm

or who commit a crime with an illegally obtained and i promise thing would change for the better really fast the problem clearly is not "military" type weapons snub nosed .38 is just as dangerous as an AR 15 guns are not the problem individuals who obtain any firearm illegally are

i myself do not own any firearms but i see this as an ongoing process for our federal government to disarm the american public

and once they are does stripping away the second amendment they will move on to others 

Edited by jdm_freek

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I guess the definition of well regulated is where those who want to infringe on this right are aiming..........