Sign in to follow this  
Onion

Windows 8 laptop touchpad woes

So I'm back on Windows 8. The touchpad feels really clunky. Just moving my pointer around is extremely weird, and nowhere near like how it should be, and not as easy to do as on Windows 7.

My main issue is that when I slide my finger over it really fast, my pointer hardly moves and does so very slowly, however, if I move my finger real slow, my pointer goes far and fast. What is this crap? How can I make it normal and logical again? I looked through my settings and found nothing. :( 

God damn this is annoying as shit, I misclick so much...

Most like driver problem. You should post in HP forum and contact their CC.

They already have a finished Windows 8 driver, and nobody else has complained about this. :(

Sounds like the sensitivity of the touchpad is set wrong. If the system came with Windows 8 then I would considering a bad touchpad. If you upgraded it I would look for new drivers. Personally I always buy a mouse for my notebooks, I hate touchpads.

Similar issues with my laptop, but then again my laptop is junk haha. When I'm using the eraserhead pointer and accidently touch the trackpad the mouse pointer freezes  :yucky: I'll probably give WinXP a try on my laptop, doesn't run too well with Win7.

Most like driver problem. You should post in HP forum and contact their CC.

They already have a finished Windows 8 driver, and nobody else has complained about this. :(

If nobody other than you complained about the problem, then it must be hardware problem. Sensitivity of that touch-pad might have gone wrong... Just my assumption though, I'm not sure.

It's not hardware, I went from Windows 7 to 8 and it went bad. Then back to 7 and it was fine, and then back to 8 and it was bad yet again. I tried new drivers for Windows 8, I tried windows 7 drivers, and I tried not drivers. No change on windows 8, but it's fine on 7. I'd use a mouse, but I use my laptop in bed all the time, it's better for my back injury if I'm laying down than sitting up.