Bottlenecking with this setup?

Intel Core i7 3770k @ about probably 4.6 Ghz 

SLI EVGA Overclocked GTX 680's 

Asus Sabertooth Z77 

Corsair 1200 W PSU

Will anything bottleneck?

Thanks in advance :) ~ Dan 

Yes.  Everything.

By its definition, a bottleneck will always exist.  What it is and whether or not you'll hit it depends on your own individual usage.

So, what do you use this build for?

Yes.  Everything.

By its definition, a bottleneck will always exist.  What it is and whether or not you'll hit it depends on your own individual usage.

So, what do you use this build for?

Gaming ^^

Most games are not CPU intensive, but you've got one of the most powerful consumer CPU's currently available, so that's not an issue.

You've got a pair of some of the most powerful GPU's on the market in SLI.  Some might argue about microstuttering effects, but that's only really an issue if it bothers you.

Otherwise, you neglected to mention RAM.  For such a high end system, you'll probably want to match it with 8+ GB of RAM at 1600Hz or greater with low timings.  Based on the rest of your build, I'm guessing you have already.

You'll want a second opinion because my general area of interest are budget set-ups, but for most modern games, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Edit:

Just saw your other thread.  Yeah, you'll be fine.  Just keep upgrading your GPU as the GTX 680's start to show their wear.  I don't believe the rest of the system will be a problem for a long time.

Edited by Kiro

Most games are not CPU intensive, but you've got one of the most powerful consumer CPU's currently available, so that's not an issue.

You've got a pair of some of the most powerful GPU's on the market in SLI.  Some might argue about microstuttering effects, but that's only really an issue if it bothers you.

Otherwise, you neglected to mention RAM.  For such a high end system, you'll probably want to match it with 8+ GB of RAM at 1600Hz or greater with low timings.  Based on the rest of your build, I'm guessing you have already.

You'll want a second opinion because my general area of interest are budget set-ups, but for most modern games, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Thanks so much for your help :) I have 16GB Corsair Vengeance. I was just really wondering if this CPU will drag my GPU's down, or vise-versa. 

The general consensus is that, for gaming purposes, the GPU is usually the bottleneck since games generally aren't CPU intensive, with the exception of BF3.  WIth today's processors, you'd only really run into CPU bottlenecks in gaming if you use AMD's (Bulldozer's are slow for single-threaded processing, which make up most games; the K10's are better at single-threaded processing, but are still fairly old at this point) and the Intel i3's*.  Even then, you'd need to have high-end GPU's and max out in-game display settings.  Overclocking the CPU a little is often enough to make it GPU-bottlenecked.  So yeah, I wouldn't worry about your CPU for a long time.

Edit:

* older CPU choices that only have a single core, low clock speeds, small caches, etc.

Ignore the original bit.  No idea what I was thinking.

Edited by Kiro

Just for grins, would you name some of these single threaded games?

The general consensus is that, for gaming purposes, the GPU is usually the bottleneck since games generally aren't CPU intensive, with the exception of BF3.  WIth today's processors, you'd only really run into CPU bottlenecks in gaming if you use AMD's (Bulldozer's are slow for single-threaded processing, which make up most games; the K10's are better at single-threaded processing, but are still fairly old at this point) and the Intel i3's.  Even then, you'd need to have high-end GPU's and max out in-game display settings.  Overclocking the CPU a little is often enough to make it GPU-bottlenecked.  So yeah, I wouldn't worry about your CPU for a long time.

Sorry, that bit is completely wrong.  No idea what I was thinking.  My bad.

Derp moment.

Edited by Kiro

Sorry, that bit is completely wrong.  No idea what I was thinking.  My bad.

Derp moment.

LOL, I am actually working on graphing CPU/GPU activity with Crossfire with every game I can get my hands on. I cant find any single threaded and thought maybe you knew of some indies that were. The closest so far is CIV, and metro 2033 that uses only 2 cores.

That's tough.  A quick Google search shows that many people do not differentiate between multi-threading and multi-cores.  It's not exactly like we can find games before the introduction of multi-threading since that apparently began in the 1950's.  I'm guessing some games (particularly older or simpler ones) are predominately single-threaded, but I honestly don't know how you can tell without being told or looking at the source code.

That's tough.  A quick Google search shows that many people do not differentiate between multi-threading and multi-cores.  It's not exactly like we can find games before the introduction of multi-threading since that apparently began in the 1950's.  I'm guessing some games (particularly older or simpler ones) are predominately single-threaded, but I honestly don't know how you can tell without being told or looking at the source code.

Yeah i'm looking for primarily over the last couple years. The difference in coding is really something. Metro 2033 uses only 2 cores/threads and will use 100% of four GPU's  and then there is GTA that will only use 30%