Sign in to follow this  
Zaca

Rampage IV Extreme + 3930K Overclock

Hi guys.

I need help with my overclock.

I tucked the CPU 4.8mhz, but when I do a test with prime95 or 3DMark11 or 3DmarkVantage, my PC crash in the middle of the test

post-94137-0-76079200-1355521487_thumb.png

Edited by Zaca

+1 on increasing V-core. My chip has a high VID and would do 20% OC at default settings,.. but it likes the juice when running over 20%

Vcore is too low. :P

Posting some common BSOD codes related to vocre and QPI/VTT:

0x101, 0x1E, 0x3B, 0x3D = Increase vcore
0x124, 0xD1, 0x9C = increase/decrease vcore or QPI/VTT

The six core cpus (from intel)  like higher vcores compared to the 4 core ones quite a bit from what i've seen.

You may want to increase the cpu pll a little. Not much though. The chip may be having trouble getting the required power for that sort of overclock. I have had mine at 4.80 before but backed it off to 4.50. My core was near 1.40 and my pll was 2 ticks above.1.8000.. Give that a shot. Keep an eye on temperatures though. It will get hot and usually about 65c you will get heat instability.

You may want to increase the cpu pll a little. Not much though. The chip may be having trouble getting the required power for that sort of overclock. I have had mine at 4.80 before but backed it off to 4.50. My core was near 1.40 and my pll was 2 ticks above.1.8000.. Give that a shot. Keep an eye on temperatures though. It will get hot and usually about 65c you will get heat instability.

Heat instability at 65C? Crazy talk.

Hey the colder they are the easier they oc. I likely just have one of those 1 off chips that is like that... Oh well.