8400GS died

kyfire

Well seems my 8400GS died. Was playing Metro 2033 and bang black screen, still heard music and sound from game but not video. Powered off monitor and turned it back on and still no video. Shut down system, removed card and reverted to onboard graphics :(  Rebooted and all's good except there was an error message regarding a "video componet failure" Waiting to see if Evga will RMA the card.

Chuckles...yea tis a tab bit on the oldish side but heck so's the puter it was in (about 8 year old Compaq) Bad thing is now I can't finish playing Metro 2033. O'well, will be getting a new puter after the first of the year.

Yea, just tried running Metro using the onboard graphics. Well it would run but so slow that it's unplayable. :(  Wil be glad when I get my new system after the first of the year.

Remove the saved files of metro from your os to a thumb drive. They files are located in the games for windows or in the document cluster somewhere.

Kewl, I was wondering how I would get my Steam games over to my new system when I get it.