Interesting Perspective on the United States

wevsspot

One time me and a friend were in line in a mexican supermarket and the woman in front of us had about $250 in groceries rang up and my friend looks at me and whispers " I bet she pays for it all with food stamps". Sure enough she whips them out and doesn't pay a dime for them. Except for the Tyle nol which isn't covered by food stamps. For that she whips out one of the $100 bills in her purse. My friend then muttered not as quietly as before "Thats why this country is so fucking messed up..."

I've seen that multiple times in similar fashion at grocery stores around here and in Charleston. It's sad.

I've seen that multiple times in similar fashion at grocery stores around here and in Charleston. It's sad.

And I can almost guarantee that she couldn't produce a green card or visa if she were asked, and likely none of the other adults in their household could either. I fail to see why we support social welfare for people that are in the US illegally.

And I can almost guarantee that she couldn't produce a green card or visa if she were asked, and likely none of the other adults in their household could either. I fail to see why we support social welfare for people that are in the US illegally.

The people around here are definitely citizens. They're just citizens who look like they've never worked a day in their life.

The people around here are definitely citizens. They're just citizens who look like they've never worked a day in their life.

It's funny. For some people, it's a way of life, but that doesn't make sense to me. I understand it if you're a practising Buddhist monk, but to draw a point that you just don't want to fall into the Capitalistic society that the United States is now (when I asked people who just sit down next to a CVS store looking for handouts), they're asking for money from people that work "in the system" when they themselves don't want to "work in the system". At least find a system "outside the system" instead of begging and getting handouts from people working "in the system". I won't give those people money.

Since moving to Boston with only $200 and basically starting on my own with no one to support me, government institutions are a big help. I used the public library every day trying to look for work while I slept in hostels and ate PB&J sandwiches for weeks. Unemployment checks are issued by state, and not transferrable, so I knew I had to make it on my own.

If I had a family to support, I probably couldn't have done it. That's when I think unemployment checks being extended makes sense. If you don't have a family to support, I think that's it, tough luck. It's easy to find a job and survive. However, like companies with tax loopholes, there's loopholes for unemployed. If you have family to support, having dependent children to support gives you more money. They should restrict it that if you have an extra child while on governement support, you get penalties or you lose your benefits.

At any rate, everyone has different opinions, and that's what should be shared. Not blaming people or parties, cuz that gets us nowhere.

Yeah, they really need to abolish the electoral college and we need some independents in office. Democrats and Republicans just about as bad with exceptions to both sides but there are FAR better candidates in the independent sector.

You'd think that a country as well armed like the US would get stuff done, you see a lot places in EU have protests near daily and we always call them "crazy people"....really we're crazier by laying down and taking all this.

I agree with more of what Obama *apparently* stands for, but there are still Independents I'd rather of voted for....but didn't because I DID NOT want Romney in office throwing tons of assistance out to the soulless, braindead, CEO bastards that are ALSO ruining our country. Mind you I'm just as critical on the moochers too, I do wish we'd crack down on helping out the poor families popping out babies (ANY!) when they are on government assistance. Wanna lower that deficit?? Massively remove funding from welfare, eventually removing it to near none. Maybe 3 months max assistance, you can find a job (who cares how bad) by then and it will become easier and easier as less babies are popping out that can't be paid for.

TJ - my oldest son and his wife are almost as smart as the lady you worked with at Lowes. They were both un-employed and under-employed when they had their first baby.

Me and the wife said "children are expensive, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

14 months later they had their second child - at least at this point my son had a decent job in a plumber's apprenticeship program at the local hospital, however his wife was still un-employed. Me and the wife said "you guys can't even support the three of yourselves without our help, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

12 months later they had their third child - at this point my wife and I just threw up our hands and said "we give up".

wow. Do they think of children as a food source? I know he is your son, but how stupid AND selfish do you have to be o have a child in those circumstances?

TJ - my oldest son and his wife are almost as smart as the lady you worked with at Lowes. They were both un-employed and under-employed when they had their first baby.

Me and the wife said "children are expensive, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

14 months later they had their second child - at least at this point my son had a decent job in a plumber's apprenticeship program at the local hospital, however his wife was still un-employed. Me and the wife said "you guys can't even support the three of yourselves without our help, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

12 months later they had their third child - at this point my wife and I just threw up our hands and said "we give up".

after the second you should have threatened to cut "it" off if they had any more :P