Interesting Perspective on the United States

wevsspot

The simple fact is that in our society there are producers, looters and moochers. Left or right; Republican or Democrat, all have their share depending on what their particular agenda might be. Producers can be artists, service workers or manufacturers; looters can be government, politicians or corporations; moochers can be the unemployable, social welfare junkies or even corporate executives. This scenario is as old as man kind and certainly no stranger to America since our founding. However, it is only in recent history where the looters have garnered enough power to really affect the producers for the benefit of the moochers. The nation is at a tipping point where the balance of power has shifted from producers to looters and moochers. The sad fact as evidenced by the recent presidential election is that it is taken as perfectly reasonable by a significant percentage of the population that theft is now moral. That a person is no longer entitled to the fruits of his mind and labors, but rather

"I'd never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to worry 'bout putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry 'bout payin' my mortgage. You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me."

These people vote. Scary isn't it?

The simple fact is that in our society there are producers,looters and moochers. Left or right; Republican or Democrat, all have theirshare depending on what their particular agenda might be. Producers can beartists, service workers or manufacturers; looters can be government,politicians or corporations; moochers can be the unemployable, social welfarejunkies or even corporate executives. This scenario is as old as man kind andcertainly no stranger to Americasince our founding. However, it is only in recent history where the lootershave garnered enough power to really affect the producers for the benefit ofthe moochers. The nation is at a tipping point where the balance of power hasshifted from producer to looter and moocher. The sad fact as evidenced by the recent presidential election is that itis taken as perfectly reasonable by a significant percentage of the populationthat theft is now moral. That a person is no longer entitled to the fruits ofhis mind and labors, but rather

You mean that as a joke... but there is a rather scary amount of truth in it.

In all honesty the prospect of another 4 years Obama scares the crap outta me.:(

I know. :( I was hoping to have Romney in office while I'm in college, not Obama.

Don't pay a lot of attention to American politics but just interested in why you guys are anti-Obama? (if you could call it that) :popcorn:

How about spending twice as much in 4 years as Bush did in 8.

"I'd never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to worry 'bout putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry 'bout payin' my mortgage. You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me."

These people vote. Scary isn't it?

Worse then that; a while ago I was doing some volunteer work with a refugee center close to fredericksburg, and this little old lady was taking pictures. Now this was when the primaries were still going on. After talking to here for a while about her camera, I asked her what she thought of of the presidential election as a whole. Now mind you she was probably in her 70's to early 80's. You would think that that ype of a person would be following what is going on in the world. She responded """""Well, I live in a democratic neighborhood, and since all my friends are voting for obama, I will too"""""" . Now I personally don't care if people vote for obama if they truly support him (Mitt Romney had his fair share of problems too) , but to simply vote for someone because your friends are voting for him AT THAT AGE........ It pisses me off just thinking about it. It is one thing to see it out of new voters, but a woman who has seen where this country has been, and should see where it is going should PROBABLY be able to make up her own freaking mind.

If you want a situation similar to the one you chose, when I worked at lowes, one of the other employees was living on food stamps. She and her husband both worked to make ends meet, and they really did work themselves to the bone. So if they needed some extra help, I am fine with that. But here is the kicker. They were living on food stamps, while still working, and then they 3 children. :pfp: . That mean they had to pay for day care, extra food, extra clothes, and I am certain that those kids probably don't have a great life. Then she preceded to tell me that they were thinking about having another kid AND how life was so hard on the family. I turned to her and said..... 113685686_iDontWantToLiveOnThisPlanetAnymoreLandscape_answer_2_xlarge.png

TJ - my oldest son and his wife are almost as smart as the lady you worked with at Lowes. They were both un-employed and under-employed when they had their first baby.

Me and the wife said "children are expensive, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

14 months later they had their second child - at least at this point my son had a decent job in a plumber's apprenticeship program at the local hospital, however his wife was still un-employed. Me and the wife said "you guys can't even support the three of yourselves without our help, we love our new grandson, but wish you would have waited".

12 months later they had their third child - at this point my wife and I just threw up our hands and said "we give up".

One time me and a friend were in line in a mexican supermarket and the woman in front of us had about $250 in groceries rang up and my friend looks at me and whispers " I bet she pays for it all with food stamps". Sure enough she whips them out and doesn't pay a dime for them. Except for the Tyle nol which isn't covered by food stamps. For that she whips out one of the $100 bills in her purse. My friend then muttered not as quietly as before "Thats why this country is so fucking messed up..."

One time me and a friend were in line in a mexican supermarket and the woman in front of us had about $250 in groceries rang up and my friend looks at me and whispers " I bet she pays for it all with food stamps". Sure enough she whips them out and doesn't pay a dime for them. Except for the Tyle nol which isn't covered by food stamps. For that she whips out one of the $100 bills in her purse. My friend then muttered not as quietly as before "Thats why this country is so fucking messed up..."

And here I am paying with pennies from my cup holder. :rolleyes: