Sign in to follow this  
VaporX

Still Using Windows 8?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still using Windows 8?

• Yes I am happy with it
    • No I went back to Windows 7

For my gaming computer, I just kept Win8, I don't want to deal with Microsoft's DirectX restriction BS when I upgrade video cards. It would be a different story if it production oriented machine though.

I have Windows 8 and I am sticking with it.  It is fine.  I installed classic shell which makes it feel like 7 so all is well.

I never moved to Windows 8. Installed it in vmware, played with it for couple of weeks, and then got bored and deleted it from vmware. :teehee:

+1

Where is the " I never switched because win 7 is a better choice "?

I just got the one copy on the cheap to test it out n see what it's all about...i was skeptical and looking for the bad, then found out it isn't bad...different, way different, but not bad...i give all props to win7, and don't see any reason to fix what ain't broken, but win8 is pretty ok...

Tried Windows 8, and I mean tried. Probably 2 weeks getting it up and running (new install and upgrade), and it took 2 days until I wanted to go back to Windows 7. I kept at it and have not gone back to it.

I have Windows 8 and I am sticking with it.  It is fine.  I installed classic shell which makes it feel like 7 so all is well.

This.  After building a PC for a buddy yesterday and installing Windows 8,  I did classic shell and the registry edit to were it boots into the desktop instead of Metro.  After about an hour I had the hang of it.  Hardest part was figuring how to shut it down before I installed all the shells haha.

Still running Win 8 on HTPC and recently installed it on the main rig with Start8. No complaints so far other than homegroup and network shares not ever working on my brother's computer. He's the only Win 7 machine in the house, but should still be compatible with Win 8.