Sign in to follow this  
VaporX

Still Using Windows 8?

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still using Windows 8?

• Yes I am happy with it
    • No I went back to Windows 7

Okay this poll is for the people that made the move to Windows 8. I am curious how many are staying with it and how many have moved back to Windows 7. If you want to post your reasoning that is cool but please no flaming.

If it wasn't for the laptop that was bought for me through work, I would go back to 7. The best part of the new laptop though, I still have my old one with 7 on it. :thumbsup: Over all though, I do like the Windows 8 laptop. It is pretty easy to use, it didn't take long at all to figure things out.

Edited by the_dude

I never moved to Windows 8. Installed it in vmware, played with it for couple of weeks, and then got bored and deleted it from vmware. :teehee:

I haven't upgraded to Windows 8, I'll wait till SP1 to try it so I've been playing around with Ubuntu 12.10 instead. :)

I used Win8 on VirtualBox, I wasnt impressed. I can see where productivity would take a hit on it as opposed to other Windows OS versions, I vote keep Win8 are a tablet/phone OS. From what I can tell it has no place on a standard desktop. R.I.P Businesses that are thinking of upgrading to it.

I haven't upgraded to Windows 8, I'll wait till SP1 to try it so I've been playing around with Ubuntu 12.10 instead. smile.gif

I run Debain as my main OS and VM Win7 for gaming ect. Once you go Linux, you wont go back.

Its hard to explain to Windows users that with Linux you dont need a anti-virus, system optimizer, disk derangementer  ect. You also dont have to dig for drivers. Linux does everything behind the scenes automatically, its also very efficient on hardware.

I haven't upgraded to Windows 8, I'll wait till SP1 to try it so I've been playing around with Ubuntu 12.10 instead. smile.gif

I run Debain as my main OS and VM Win7 for gaming ect. Once you go Linux, you wont go back.

Its hard to explain to Windows users that with Linux you dont need a anti-virus, system optimizer, disk derangementer  ect. You also dont have to dig for drivers. Linux does everything behind the scenes automatically, its also very efficient on hardware.

that sounds like a good way to run windows, but i'm pretty satisfied with the way win8 is working out on my gamer, especially since upgrading to modern hardware...it hasn't been hard to work with at all...

that sounds like a good way to run windows, but i'm pretty satisfied with the way win8 is working out on my gamer, especially since upgrading to modern hardware...it hasn't been hard to work with at all...

Win8 is far more efficient on Hardware then win7 is. If its for gaming purposes only you are better off with Win8 TBH. Everything else takes a learning curve and you end up doing extra for simple tasks.