vandreadstriker

Recommend me an AMD 970 board?

So it seems that my ASRock board died yesterday after a sudden power outage in my neighbourhood, and now I'm thinking of getting a new board. Looking at it, I don't see why I shouldn't just get an AM3+ board anyway..

I figured I won't need anything higher than the 970 chipset since I won't even think of going CFX/SLI and I wouldn't need all those goodies of the 990X/FX boards.

Problem is, I'd still like to get a board with a bit more 'oommph' so that I can use the unlocked core of my 720 and overclock it as well... The ASUS M5A97-EVO R2.0 seems to be just what I needed but sadly it isn't available here in Indonesia.

So, long story short, can you guys recommend me a good 970 board that can be used for some mild overclocking of my Phenom II X4 20BE?

Budget is around ~IDR 1200k or US$125

I'll be buying from either here or here (prefer the former)

If all else fails, I might even try buying from the US since my brother's in Michigan. Won't be back till around next year so it'll be a 'last resort'

Thanks

Regards,

Vandreadstriker

I have an ASRock 970 Extreme 4 since a year ago without prooblems so far, 970 Extreme 3 is also a good choice, IMO.-

Edited by Qu4k3r

I have the GA-970A-DS3, which features HD audio and some extra ports, but otherwise identical to the UD3, and I must say it's a great board :)

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 is the model I use for AM3+ builds for clients. Very solid 907 board.

You can't RMA your AsRock I'm guessing??

I've always been a fan of the AsRock Extreme series, best bang for buck motherboards always

• Like 1