No more Twinkies D:

Coors

The issue is less the junk food and more the Union not accepting that they need to give a bit so the company could have a chance to restructure. Instead they demand more and more and do not care that their demands have resulted in the company closing and all the jobs they claimed to be fighting to protect are now lost. SOMETIMES a company needs the staff to worry about the good of the company so the company can take care of the staff.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a BOSS........!

Now is the absolute worst time for Hostess to go under, there are a lot of starving kids in Colorado!

Paint up an old ice cream van like the mystery machine and drive really slow and rake in the big bucks. Maybe even sell a special "Colorado Ding Dong".

As a former union member, I'm going to weight in on this. Are unions still needed? No they're not. The main reasons unions came into existance, working conditions, hours worked, safety, and pay, are all covered under laws ( both state and federal). The union I was in represents most retail store clerks and employees. The contract my store was under had a NO strike clause! That's right the one bargining chip that unions tout was not permitted under our contract. Yet when fellow union members in a neighboring state went on strike, I asked my local, "How come they can strike but we can't?" The local had no answer! Oh, don't get me wrong I loved getting a .25 (twenty five cent) per hour raise every 700 hours I worked. But then again, everyone got that raise even if they were the laziest sorriest employee. And once I filed a grevance with the union over a write up I received. It took a full year before a grevance hearing was scheduled! So you tell me....was this union looking out for me?

So yea in the case of Hostess....the Union won and 18000+ employees lost.

Union=0

Workers=0

People continue to see that Unions are no longer the way to go. They cost jobs long term.

Someone pointed out that Hostess survived the Great Depression, but it couldn't survive the unions.

Someone pointed out that Hostess survived the Great Depression, but it couldn't survive the unions.

Much like many industries. Just think if the government did not bail out GM where would those Union employees be now (Unemployed is the obvious answer)?

Unions suck. All they do is keep the stupid from being fired...at least for the most part. The idea is that they are "good" and they save you here and there when you make dumb mistakes but when they take over and completely destroy a company...how is it good?

If you don't have a company -- you don't need the union anymore, and you aren't saving anyone's ass by not having a job...

Union=0

Workers=0

People continue to see that Unions are no longer the way to go. They cost jobs long term.

This.

Unions made sense back in the day when corruption and worker mistreatment were rampant. Today it's useless with all the laws and civil protections the law provides.

Good job to those idiots who put themselves out of work. Now no one has a job.

People think I am ignorant for hating unions, and I have had more experience with their bad ideas than most people. I truly hope the union workers that lose their job don't get the unemployment the non union workers will get.