H100i

Shurman292

Well I broke down and bought the H100i on Tuesday. Thanks to the Egg it arrived here earlier this afternoon. I was able to get some good data before and after installing, as well as some pics.

I will post pics and details of my testing tomorrow when I get time. For now, suffice it to say this cooler rocks. My i7 930 @ 3.9ghz went from 75C under load (Zalman 9900 with AS5) to 58C (H100i stock paste). I always thought the 9900 was a great cooler until I put this thing on my chip.

Pros:

--Silent pump

--Quiet fans (see cons)

--Simple mounting

--Great pre-applied thermal paste

--Corsair Link V2 is very handy and lets you monitor coolant temp and control pump speed, fan speed, and lighting effects. You can also change the background case image to whatever you want.

--Tubing is soft and flexible

--Great aesthetics

Cons:

--Fans make a rattling noise (constant, but not noticeable over the hurricane of wind once the fans are cranked up all the way)

--SATA power cable is much too short, forcing me to add another SATA cable from my PSU (personal preference)

--Some radiator fins are slightly bent (not really a con, as this cannot affect performance, just aesthetics)

--While it supports socket 1366, the instructions do not tell you which standoffs to use (choices: 1155/6 or 2011 standoffs). After a quick chat with a Corsair rep, who spoke my language and connected within a minute, I was told to use the 1155/6 standoffs. Hopefully they include this information in future revisions of the quick start guide.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should mention Corsair said they have a Link software update coming in the next couple weeks that will get rid of the rattling noise. The rattling does not happen when the fans are plugged into the MB or a fan controller.

The fans on the H100i are basically the SP120s except they do not have the colored rings. I've heard performance is roughly the same. If you are replacing the stock fans I suggest getting some Scythe Gentle Typhoons. From what I've been reading, those are the best fans for quiet radiator use.

The fans on the H100i are basically the SP120s except they do not have the colored rings. I've heard performance is roughly the same. If you are replacing the stock fans I suggest getting some Scythe Gentle Typhoons. From what I've been reading, those are the best fans for quiet radiator use.

What is the max RPM of the stock fans on this beast? :O

I have the Thermaltake 2.0 Extreme, but I put two AF120's on those suckers for pulling (got both free), and even with a 7V adapter, you can hear it going. Pushes a good amount of air, but not really needed on radiators to do a good job. I also heard rumor that the SF120's rattle when placed horizontally...

I have the Thermaltake 2.0 Extreme, but I put two AF120's on those suckers for pulling (got both free), and even with a 7V adapter, you can hear it going. Pushes a good amount of air, but not really needed on radiators to do a good job. I also heard rumor that the SF120's rattle when placed horizontally...

I have a case full of AF140's & SP120's but only 1 AF140 is mounted horizontally & I've not heard any rattling. Mind you all my fans are connected to a fan controller which may explain why.

The SP's are plenty quiet if you slow them down. :)