I cannot believe I'm considering buying a Ford

potatochobit

So I was looking at some cars this year, both new and used and I came across an ad where a ford focus was selling for 29,000$?

what are you kidding, lmfao, don't make me slap you with a fish

now that I think about it, Ford likes to price high then 'negotiate' discounts down, Ive always hated that

but for about 23,000$ you can get one of these

anyway, after closer inspection this is the EU version of the focus!

you know, Ive been wanting one of this for years, I love WRC cars.

so finally it comes to America as the Focus ST.

it's a full hatchback with decent size turbo and full FMIC, the only down side is it is FF, but most rally cars are.

there are so many new sports cars this year, you would think gas was cheap

we have the BRZ / Scion, Miata, Mazda3 turbo, genesis coupe, WRX

this is definitely a good time to be young...

anyway, what do you think about this car?

my local dealer was sold out and says they sell soon as they get them

I really want to at least test one out first

Edited by potatochobit

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't say for sure about that model (ST-3), but the Euro versions are popular over here. I drove the previous version and it was pretty fun. It's not the most refined or best handling hot hatch but unfortunately for you there's less choice in the US - do you have Renault, Citroen, VW, Fiat, Seat or Suzuki dealers?

The only ford I will buy is a Mustang.

Locally they just feel that they do not have to offer any incentive for the consumer. Come to think of it the Chevy Dealer here is the same way yet Dodge and the rest are willing to bend over backwards fro the sale...

The new ST is "nice" but not 23k nice. Especially not as an understeering, torque steering, front heavy pig. :lol:

Hmm, who do I believe more... Top Gear or a biased Miata owner? :whistling::rolleyes:

1q13k.jpg

Fords are cheaper here than a Chevy or Dodge.... Beings we are so close to Detroit cars are cheaper here new.... I;d buy a Ford over a GM and I've been a die-hard GM man all my life but their current practices dont warrant any of my money...

You all are going to think I'm crazy, but why not look at the new 2013 Dodge Dart? Heavily influenced (and greatly benefits from) extensive resources poured in by Fiat. The Rallye trim with the 1.4L turbo motor looks interesting, and rumor has it that a2.4L R/T version is somewhere near. It ain't no hatchback, but still sounds like a hoot of a car to drive - and you can't beat the pricing. Wait a little longer and you could snag up the SRT-4 which is rumored to have near 300HP under the hood :)

ScreenHunter_.jpg