Petition for Texas to peacefully withdraw from the US

Onion

As a fellow "hick" with an IQ of 160 I like this post. :)

Like I said, there is a huge difference between being a "Hick" or "Country" and being a Redneck.

From a New Yorker who relocated to Florida, with "only" a 140 IQ :).

No, that's a yokel. :lol:

Synonymous :)

Edited by Puck

Yes "redneck" originally meant uneducated, racist, etc. More recently though I have found "city folk" use it to refer to anyone that lives outside the "city" and drives a truck, hunts, etc. In other words lately I see it being used as a derogatory term towards anyone from the "country".

I guess what I am saying is just because I live in the "country", hunt/fish, etc doesn't mean I am an uneducated "redneck".

Well said Computer Ed! :thumbsup: As a "redneck" myself I too find the use of the term to be offensive. And Like you I've been around computers for a long time, watch and know sifi shows, remember DnD tourniments, and the fore runner of the internet dial up BBS's. And yes, I live in a small town (2500 population) in the hills of Kentucky. But the bottom line is I'm not uneducated and do know and understand what's going on in the world.

Out of curiosity, what term would you guys prefer?

I don't mind redneck, I just dislike how some people see it as being a dumb, uneducated, ignorant person. Heck, most rednecks have more common sense that the average city-slicker. :biggrin:

I don't mind redneck, I just dislike how some people see it as being a dumb, uneducated, ignorant person. Heck, most rednecks have more common sense that the average city-slicker. :biggrin:

Hey, I find that term offensive! :lol:

Common sense isn't too common anymore, sadly.

You'll probably think I'm joking, but I've actually heard people my age suggest replacing oxygen with swag. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Common sense isn't too common anymore, sadly.

You'll probably think I'm joking, but I've actually heard people my age suggest replacing oxygen with swag. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

nJVDZ.gif

I prefer the term "Country", I believe there is a difference between a "Redneck" and a "Country" person. I have family where it really just doesn't get anymore redneck, and I also have family that is very country. Working a job, bowhunting, riding four wheelers/dirtbikes, and the like is country to me. The redenecks in my family do none or very little of this, specifically the job part, they much prefer the welfare system. They live in a town that at first sight you wouldn't assume anyone even lived in, the town consists of roughly 30-40 people total. They each have signs on their trees and houses warning against trespassing, as if you would even want to in the first place. Most of them make a living by trade and scam, eat burgers and hotdogs a hungry dog would walk away from, and believe Taylor Swift and Led Zeppelin are God's gift to the country genre.

Country people and Rednecks are definitely not the same thing. While I personally don't care a whole lot for Country people either, I do think it's only fair they not get throw into the same group as rednecks.

Out of curiosity, what term would you guys prefer?

Why does there need to be a term, why do we need a label. I do not think anyone here will disagree that there are people that just float along through life and do not care about the world around them. People that never take the time to expand their knowledge or understanding. People that live by a set of rules with no real understanding of the basis or consequences of the rules. Or that live by the letter and completely miss the intent. However I think there is no reason for there to be a label for this.