Sign in to follow this  
Kylothian

Free backup software

Howzit peeps

I know this might be impossible request but I'm looking for a decent free backup software that can support and compress to about 250GB+ of files with incremental capability on a daily basis, and also can create a full backup once a week. I used cobian for a while but the program is giving me problems, not backing everyday skips days and corrupting compressed files.

I am busy looking into some paid software but for the time being if you know of a decent backup software please let me know

Cheerz :cheers:

See if SyncBack Freeware from 2BrightSparks will work for you. That is the free version. The company also has two paid versions - SyncBack SE and SyncBack Pro.

Windows 7 does this fairly well but scheduling it like that is impossible since incremental and full backups run on the same schedule.

Personally I am not a big fan of automated backups. I have seen too many failed backups and all of them were automated. Never once have I seen a manual backup fail.

Personally I just do a weekly backup to an external HD with ym document folder being synced via Skydrivbe for my various word and publisher documents on a daily basis.