Andrewr05s mITX build list

Andrewr05

indeed naive on them new gen of pc tech well 10yrs ago i to was naive cjoki would of agree if i showed up in a forums and talked all bad saying " intel is soo bad ass they own AMD im a INTEL FAN BOYdoopy doo durp " cjoki would off track me down and beat me with a bag of AMD chips :doh::rofl:

Atleast then you've found a use for those AMD chips :lol:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you decide to go Intel I can help in your search for a board and memory.

Definitely gonna go Intel at this point.

I'll be looking for a board that can OC at some point but right off the bat I wont be bothering with it.

• 11 months later...

This rig is god damn unkillable... I do not have the money to upgrade it but damn why wont it just die!?

So I was in the shower earlier and I heard a really loud crash.

No one else in the house said anything about it so i though nothing of it, 20 minutes later I walk into my room and my computer desk it tipped over, computer is on the floor, side panel off, door ripped off, vents broken and a memory module is lying next to it.

Along with all the rest of the stuff on the desk, speakers some misc electronic junk, BOTH monitors, so yeah I was a bit perplexed as to what the fuck happened.

Apparently one of my dogs wandered into my room and went near my desk and somehow my game controller cord got wrapped around its neck, which when my big ass dog panicked because something was stuck on it the dumbass decided to run away from whatever it was.

Well, the cord was wedged in between the table top so when the dog ran the desk came with it.

:pfp:

I knew the desk was sort of unstable anyways, but still thats quite a sight to see as you come into your room.

As of now the computer is running, all I did was spend an hour fixing the desk legs, picking everything up, reseating everything on the motherboard and then plugging everything in.

Seems to be fine now.

The only lasting damage is a scratch across my 24" monitor, door ripped off, dented side panel, USB cable was broken off inside port and thats about it.

I guess computers are tougher than you think...

TL;DR

Dogs are assholes

Edited by Andrewr05

This rig is god damn unkillable... I do not have the money to upgrade it but damn why wont it just die!?

No one else in the house said anything about it so i though nothing of it, 20 minutes later I walk into my room and my computer desk it tipped over, computer is on the floor, side panel off, dor ripped off, vents broken and a memory module is lying next to it.

Along with all the rest of the stuff on the desk, speakers some misc electronic junk, BOTH monitors, so yeah I was a bit perplexed as to what the fuck happened.

Apparently one of my dogs wandered into my room and went near my desk and somehow my game controller cord got wrapped around its neck, which when my gig ass dog panicked because something was stuck on it the dumbass decided to run away from whatever it was.

Well, the cord was wedged in between the table top so when the dog ran the desk came with it.

I knew the desk was sort of unstable anyways, but still thats quite a sight to see as you come into your room.

As of now the computer is running, all I did was spend an hour fixing the desk legs, picking everything up, reseating everything on the motherboard and then plugging everything in.

Seems to be fine now.

The only lasting damage is a scratch across my 24" monitor, door ripped off, dented side panel, USB cable was broken off inside port and thats about it.

TL;DR

Dogs are assholes

When you sell it you can now certify it as dog proof :teehee:

• Like 1

No one else in the house said anything about it so i though nothing of it, 20 minutes later I walk into my room and my computer desk it tipped over, computer is on the floor, side panel off, door ripped off, vents broken and a memory module is lying next to it.

Apparently one of my dogs wandered into my room and went near my desk and somehow my game controller cord got wrapped around its neck, which when my big ass dog panicked because something was stuck on it the dumbass decided to run away from whatever it was.

Seems to be fine now.

TL;DR

Dogs are assholes

That story gave me a good laugh right there. Freakin hillarious

Please tell me you took pictures

Edited by feetfats

The first one isn't reading anything...I'd trust the latter.

I figured as much.

Also note that I was only scanning because everything was running deathly slow.

After all of this (don't ask how I didn't check sooner) I realized that there was only 200Mb left on the SSD, I deleted a bunch of crap and transfered a Steam game to my HDD and its been fine since.

That story gave me a good laugh right there. Freakin hillarious

Please tell me you took pictures

Unfortunately no, I was too busy picking everything up in awe, maiking sure it wasn't destroyed completely. Edited by Andrewr05

• 4 weeks later...

So this thing, since it has fallen/collapsed/crashed, has developed some pretty annoying issues.

Do you have a few too many tabs open in Chrome?
Oh I'll just lock up and use 100% of your processor for 3 minutes.
I might even CTD! :D

Normal amount of tabs open in Chrome?
I'll still randomly decide to be lock up and make you want to stab your eye sockets with the nearest blunt object.

I see you're playing a game...
I'm going to let you play for awhile, but just know that at the most in opportune time (especially if you've forgotten to save for 25 minutes) I'm going to lag you just enough to make you die.
Then when you're still weeping from my previous plot to destroy you I'll just kick it up a notch and crash you straight to desktop!   :wub: 

Hey, are you copying files between harddrives or especially an external drive?
Now is a really good time to decide a file transfer takes 3000% longer than usual.
Also fuck you!

Edited by Andrewr05

Sounds silly because you've probably already thought of it, but have you just taken the whole beast apart and put it all back together? Just kind of like a double check for making sure all the connections are solid.

Since the only part that is truly susceptible to shock damage is the hard drive, any way you can remove this as a factor with a different hard drive and see if that fixes your problems? This would be especially noticeable if you happen to have your pagefile resting on your HDD.

Sounds silly because you've probably already thought of it, but have you just taken the whole beast apart and put it all back together? Just kind of like a double check for making sure all the connections are solid.

I reseated the memory and the GPU whether they needed it or not, maybe I should dismantle everything and reseat it all?

Its overdue for a good cleaning anyways...

Since the only part that is truly susceptible to shock damage is the hard drive, any way you can remove this as a factor with a different hard drive and see if that fixes your problems? This would be especially noticeable if you happen to have your pagefile resting on your HDD.

Thats a good point, my swapfile is on one of my HDDs.

I've had speed (file transfer) issues since before the fall though, this probably didn't help it any.

Edited by Andrewr05