Why did Obama win?

Onion

I'm not part of any party but I think the republicans could have won this election if they played there cards right which they didn't.

It seems to me if they chose a candidate that was a little more moderate towards the middle they could have probably swung more independent and or undecided voters towards there side.

But instead they choose candidates that go around trashing each other during there primary's which makes themselves look bad and arguing about Obama's birth certificate and claiming they would never raise taxes for any reason.

I don't think it helped that they picked Romney who has shown over the past 20 years that he has changed his mind constantly about political views on critical issues all made some people nervous and not vote for him.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I don't think it helped that they picked Romney who has shown over the past 20 years that he has changed his mind constantly about political views on critical issues all made some people nervous and not vote for him.

I don't think that Romney has an exclusive on that phenomenon. Politicians are concerned with one thing....Getting reelected.

considering we're all takers, yeah, I'd say that's an accurate thing to say.

I would have to say I am not a taker. If you are you are welcome for the support I provide. I receive no financial benefit from our over-sized federal money eating machine/government. I pay more "taxes" for services I will not be able to use when I am of age to reap any reward for all the money I put into the pyramid schemes called social security and medicare. Hell at this point medicare is a privilege you pay for even when you reach the age to get it. I would rather have that money socked away into interest generating investments that I will be able to use to provide for my future financial independence.