101 replies to this topic

#13 Nyt

Nyt

Overclocking addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4699 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Nah Cerberus storyline all the way.

Maybe Miranda can take control of Cerberus and do with Shepard what they did in ME2 and we have another game :teehee:

i7 4770K | ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix

ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Samsung 850 Pro | Corsair H105
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz 4x4Gb | Corsair AX860i
Cooler Master Storm Trooper | Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

#14 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

Proud noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Mass Effect 4 to use Frostengine 2 and stuff
http://news.softpedi...-2-306380.shtml

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690, Akasa 4 port USB front panel (MOAR USBs  :woot:)

#15 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11254 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Mass Effect 4 to use Frostengine 2 and stuff
http://news.softpedi...-2-306380.shtml

Really could just link to the BioWare Blog...

New game will be built at the BioWare Montreal location and not Edmonton like the past ones. Anyone hoping Casey Hudson is not going to be involved is out of luck, as he'll still be the Executive Producer. However, there'll be a Project Director making everyday decisions at the Montreal studio, so there is that.

That evolution now takes its next step, with the news that the next Mass Effect game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. This is the goal we have been working toward for years now, and every member of our team is proud, excited, and humbled to take on the responsibility for the next game.

To ensure a proper and effective transition, we’ll continue to be supported by the Edmonton studio through the game’s development, working with and learning from them on some critical initiatives. On top of that, Casey remains the Executive Producer, but he will have a Project Director under him, working in Montreal, leading our development team and making day-to-day decisions for the game. We all care very much about Mass Effect and make our decisions based on what’s best for the game.

There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite as its foundation, enhanced by many of the systems that the Dragon Age III team has already spent a lot of time building.

The other thing I can tell you is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both on the gameplay and story fronts. You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png

#16 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

Proud noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Really could just link to the BioWare Blog...

New game will be built at the BioWare Montreal location and not Edmonton like the past ones. Anyone hoping Casey Hudson is not going to be involved is out of luck, as he'll still be the Executive Producer. However, there'll be a Project Director making everyday decisions at the Montreal studio, so there is that.

Or I could post the news link...

Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)

#17 InCrYsIs

InCrYsIs

Total Nerd

• Folding Member
  • 2490 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Maybe Miranda can take control of Cerberus and do with Shepard what they did in ME2 and we have another game :teehee:

I don't know. Maybe Cerberus origins and works it way up to rebuilding shepard and Miranda story.

MAIN RIG:Intel i7 8700k, ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING -- Aura RGB, 16GB DDR-4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, Asus ROG Strix Geforce 1080, Intel 545 series 512GB SSD, Element Gaming Case, Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold Full Modular PS, Corsair Hydro Series H55 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p, Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headset, Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition KB, Logitech G500s Mouse

OTHER STUFF: Playstation 4 PRO, Xbox One S

#18 johneric

johneric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I dunno... I bought the collector editions of 2 and 3 because I was so into the game, but 3 fell so flat that I didn't even go for the latest DLC. Seems like 3 had potential, even when I started it... but somewhere about a third of the way through, it went off the rails for me. The relationships in the game came unmoored and the gameplay felt rushed and repetitive. I finished it once, got the DLC to "fix" the end, but never played a second character through once I realized those hundreds of decision points all still ended at the same place. So, 4? meh.

A work in progress...
Mobo: ASUS P6T; CPU: Intel i7 920 D0; CPU Cooler: ZEROtherm NV120 Nirvana Premium; PSU: 1000W Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold; Monitor
ASUS PB Series PB278Q;
GPU: Asus ENGTX460 TOP DirectCU (1Gb); HDD: Crucial RealSSD, 128GB, 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 (CC1H) 1.5TB 7200 RPM
Memory: 6GB (3 x 2GB) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800); Mouse: Razor Diamondback; HDTV tuner: Diamond TV Wonder HD 650
ODDs: Lightscribe DVD RW and LG Super MultiBlue; Case: Cooler Master Storm Sniper, Black Edition; Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse

#19 bp9801

bp9801

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11254 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I blame part (maybe all) of the downfall of Mass Effect 3 on the fact that Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the first two games, wasn't involved at all. He did leave partway through ME2, but even still that held together in the long run better than ME3 did. It was almost like without Karpyshyn's ideas and wit, there wasn't an idea of how to wrap up the whole story in a way that made sense. Or not piss off a lot of people.

Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

KPMA7MM.png

#20 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I blame part (maybe all) of the downfall of Mass Effect 3 on the fact that Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the first two games, wasn't involved at all. He did leave partway through ME2, but even still that held together in the long run better than ME3 did. It was almost like without Karpyshyn's ideas and wit, there wasn't an idea of how to wrap up the whole story in a way that made sense. Or not piss off a lot of people.

Does this mean i should skip three??

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#21 bp9801

bp9801

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11254 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Does this mean i should skip three??

Not entirely. If for nothing more than to just see how Shepard's story concludes. Seeing how everything unfolds is kind of neat, though. Just uh, try to not punch the monitor too hard.

KPMA7MM.png

#22 Nyt

Nyt

Overclocking addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4699 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Not entirely. If for nothing more than to just see how Shepard's story concludes. Seeing how everything unfolds is kind of neat, though. Just uh, try to not punch the monitor too hard.

If you download and install the Extended Cut DLC before you finish a playthrough of the game then I think you will be happy with it.
If you were like me and finished it before the Extended Cut released then you would've punched your monitor and sworn uncontrollably at the old ending :P

i7 4770K | ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix

ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Samsung 850 Pro | Corsair H105
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz 4x4Gb | Corsair AX860i
Cooler Master Storm Trooper | Seagate Barracuda 2Tb

#23 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

If you download and install the Extended Cut DLC before you finish a playthrough of the game then I think you will be happy with it.
If you were like me and finished it before the Extended Cut released then you would've punched your monitor and sworn uncontrollably at the old ending :P

Ya, that's what I keep hearing. Sounds like ME2 for me, I waited so long to play it that I played the complete experience with all the DLC and REALLY enjoyed the game. I'm assuming by now all the DLC that's going to be released is already out (this isn't Bethesda lol) so anytime in the future sounds like the best time to buy. I'll wait for it to hit rockbottom price and then scoop it up, I'm in no hurry since I'm still playing vanilla skyrim (well modded, but no DLC) and have a sizeable army of games waiting after it

Edited by IVIYTH0S, 15 November 2012 - 04:54 AM.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#24 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

Proud noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Mass Effect 4, not coming to your Console or PC soon!

http://www.egmnow.co...-mass-effect-4/

Graphics XFX HD 7950