Sign in to follow this  
dling

evga 580x3

You know the guy thats selling the card had 3 x sli with the 580's and he said it made his room warm. I didn,t believe him. I thought how's that possible.

But I guess he was right.

its not the case heat its what comes out of it.

You know the guy thats selling the card had 3 x sli with the 580's and he said it made his room warm. I didn,t believe him. I thought how's that possible.

But I guess he was right.

depends on how big the room is and if it has circulation with other rooms. I can tell you first hand that my bedroom in the summer got really dang hot with my current set up; balls soup hot. Opening the door helped though.

So here's where I'm at. It's a great price for an evga 580 card but as a third card it will not provide much more power over a regular x2 rig.

So do I get the card and use it with all the power use and heat it will use and create with little performance increase ? Is the up side greater then

the down side? From what read from the review that Mercman posted there's just a small gain.

Also is my power enough to do this ? It's a 1350W psu.

Edited by dling

I wouldn't bother. 3-way scaling is good but not great and your $200 is probably better spent elsewhere.

I wouldn't bother. 3-way scaling is good but not great and your $200 is probably better spent elsewhere.

Thanks. ;) That's what I'm starting to think. A good deal is only good if you can use it.

a 1350 should do the job. With my Overclocked x3 480's and an I7 920 at 4.30Ghz the Draw was around 1250 watts into the PSU. Thats with custom Watercooling, a ton of fans and lighting so you sould be in the safe zone. :D