Best Non-oc'ing Mobo

Those are nice boards and, if he changes his mind, they're good OCers too. Also, you might want to take a look at one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....talog=22&depa=0

They have the making of an OCer, but are pleasantly cheap. I might get one for my next build... if Socket A is even around then (I don't get to build another one for a while)

Well if he wants a P4, I could say going with the Intel PERL series is a good choice. If he wants AMD, he can try Albatron or Gigabyte. (Albatron was created by a co-founder of GA BTW).

Why does the average Joe need Canterwood over Springdale? You are asking the guy to spend more money. Need I not point out again that not everyone is not loaded? If he can't afford the LanParty, he can get the Infinity. Same board, just no extras and no UV /black coloring.

Why does the average Joe need Canterwood over Springdale? You are asking the guy to spend more money.

Need I not point out again that not everyone is not loaded? <--Nice sentence

And how do you know he doesn't HAVE any money...

He didn't mention anything about price.

Need I point out that not everyone is POOR either. ;)

The "average Joe" will have better memory access times, and an overall better board, especially if he is not OCING with a Canterwood!