what is the fastest 7200 hard drive

cjloki

Again. :lol:

CJ - RAID 0 is not going to help loading times or anything else appreciably except sustained read/write speeds. For file serving it can help but for most people it's not worth the increased complexity and risk.

thanx waco, i'll just single it up then n keep the other for something else,...no problem...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waht does that mean BB ? :unsure:

We have had many topics on Pros/Cons, Fast/Slow. Yes/No, I do/ I dont, better/worse, raid 0 or 1.

And everyone has there two cents on which is better for this or that.

It just brings back so many nice memory's of each other bitching about raids. :rofl:

We have had many topics on Pros/Cons, Fast/Slow. Yes/No, I do/ I dont, better/worse, raid 0 or 1.

And everyone has there two cents on which is better for this or that.

It just brings back so many nice memory's of each other bitching about raids. :rofl:

oh ok,...well imma amateur enthusiast that happens to have some computer background and a little edumacation to go with that, but man, some a yous guys have and your computer science degrees and systems engineering backgrounds and all that, you have my attention ! ,...this geez doesn't do arguing for arguments sake, but likes to be enlightened and brought up to speed... a little explanation goes a long way, so i listen alot and pay attention to the folks that REALLY know stuff and take the time to explain why... ;)

Western Digital Black HDDs :) They made IDE!

wd acronis true image is working on the clone as we speak, ...windows 8 did not auto recognize the new drive, i had to go into the device manager and "scan for hardware changes" only then did the os recognize it,...i love acronis !

sweet info here. I was planning on getting a wd black also but they cost alot, estimated times for the hard drive prices to go down again is 2014......damn flood. I have a seagate barracuda right now, it boots pretty fast but wanted a 2nd drive to store my videos on to edit from that drive, we black looks like it'll fit the deal.

Seems to me the older Seagate drives were a lot more dependable than the ones made in the last 1 or 2 years. :dunno:

+1

damn this machine is blazin now,...anybody wts a fire extinguisher ? lol (waco's fire eyes here)

• 3 weeks later...

Fastest laptop 7200 drive is WD black 750 , I have that and Seagate xt 750 hybrid , seagate faster boot , WD faster read write , seagate is not what they used to be , have had a few of the newer drives go bad , . I think they started going downhill 3-4 years ago , back then they were the best . Think WD Black are best now .