what is the fastest 7200 hard drive

cjloki

nothing ! ...i didn't see that one,....better warranty fo sho ! ...i've had a couple of the 750's that have been awesome, but i was getting sidetracked by the 64meg cache....my bad

kwik edit: i do like the specs of the wd black enterprise ver's but the prices are prohibitive and the refurbs warranty are too...

The WD Black enterprise drives are no real difference is specs or warranty. They just have the TLER enabled to be in a raid. Where as the just Black drives dont. So unless your putting it in raid then i wouldn't get a RE drive.

Same warranty, same read/write specs.

Just 15% to 20% more $$

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WD Black enterprise drives are no real difference is specs or warranty. They just have the TLER enabled to be in a raid. Where as the just Black drives dont. So unless your putting it in raid then i wouldn't get a RE drive.

Same warranty, same read/write specs.

Just 15% to 20% more $$

yup the tler and dual heads !

TLER only matters for parity RAID as far as I know. That, and simple mirroring is best done in software anyway which in the case of Windows 7 and I assume 8 is designed around consumer drives.

hey yea i saw that one after waco showed me hisn, but well, i came up with a solution that i think fills my needs all around...they cost a few bucks more than i wanted to spend but not as much as the alternative 1tb ver... and can be more versatile depending on how i utilize them...i think these will have raid parity...

hey yea i saw that one after waco showed me hisn, but well, i came up with a solution that i think fills my needs all around...they cost a few bucks more than i wanted to spend but not as much as the alternative 1tb ver... and can be more versatile depending on how i utilize them...

yes I saw those on sale also but wasn't sure if you wanted to spend that much. They will give you some nice speed. :thumbsup:

yes I saw those on sale also but wasn't sure if you wanted to spend that much. They will give you some nice speed. :thumbsup:

step 1 i think is to raid 0 these into the gamer for performance, and then clone the sammy f1 into them, and then step 2 is to move the sammy over into the offiice machine, and clone the filled up raidset into the sammy,....that will free up 2 cav blacks for backups where needed....i better get busy...

RAID 0 is going to be a waste for performance in a gaming rig.

raid not faster than single ?...hmm, i know it will take a second or two for discovery during boot, but aren't seeks faster from multiple positions ? ...well if overall response time is slower then i don't have a problem using a single, or even duplexing a raid 1 set...i'm not looking for improved fps or like that (i know there is no gain) just faster restarts after kills or level ups, and i really need that f-1 out for the office machine, that's the main thing,...i got two 600 vr's to replace the 1tb sammy raided but i don't have near that much data on the gamer...

Here we go again... :biggrin:

Again. :lol:

CJ - RAID 0 is not going to help loading times or anything else appreciably except sustained read/write speeds. For file serving it can help but for most people it's not worth the increased complexity and risk.