Onion

Election day gamble!

Who do you think will win the election?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the election?

• Romney
    • Obama
    • Other

Honestly, we can complain all we want about huge multinational corporations that exploit tax loop holes to reduce or completely eliminate their tax liability - and believe me that pisses me off because all of us small business owners don't have the resources to pay a legion of tax attorneys to do the same for us - but these huge corporations employee hundreds upon thousands of people. So, to what extent do you propose punishing (criminal) or penalizing (taxation) these companies - to the extent that they move even more of their operations to another country. Or maybe to the point that they just diversify or close up shop all together? Even if you focus on the top 30 US multinationals, that's only 30 out of what.... over 7 million registered businesses operating in the US.

Ah, the, "they employ hundreds upon thousands of people" excuse. So your argument is that the U.S. government should keep giving them money, paid by Americans through taxes, so they can stay in business and keep those people employed?

If they want to operate outside of the US, more power to them. The smaller competitors will compete and take over when they leave, allowing more jobs being created, and more likely higher salaries and more of the workforce being inside the country rather than outsourced. They would have to pay more to the US government than they are now for operating inside the US from outside than they currently are now. There's many solutions out there, just like there are more than 2 candidates for the Presidancy, just no one looks at playing hardball because why fight against the lobbyists when they're just giving you money?

I refuse to debate with anyone that doesn't have to make payroll every week, or anyone who's never had to collateralize practically every asset they own to fund the start up of a business.

Didn't watch it, since I knew Obama was going to win.

:withstupid: dat Nate Silver is always right

I refuse to debate with anyone that doesn't have to make payroll every week, or anyone who's never had to collateralize practically every asset they own to fund the start up of a business.

Too bad, I make payroll every month instead of every week. I also utilize a dual LLC strategy for my start-up, so I only have to collateralize all the assets from one of them while leasing them to my other LLC. We could have had a fun debate.

Just for the record Wev, I don't think anyone's against small business. It's more so the big business with major offshore holdings, millions in tax returns, and job outsourcing that most people gripe against

Just for the record Wev, I don't think anyone's against small business. It's more so the big business with major offshore holdings, millions in tax returns, and job outsourcing that most people gripe against

This is something I agree with.

What's wrong with major offshore holdings?

Haha, election day gamble. All the reward of going to vegas without the fun. At least the dollar hasn't gone down to last june's exchange rate yet.

I can't vote but if I could it probably would have been Gary. I'm still kinda mad how they changed the rules in the middle of RNC and gave Romney a advantage against Ron Paul...

I'm not a American Citizen but I care about the US just as much as any other good citizen.

Like they say I personally believe Ron Paul is the best president we never had... I hope he tries for 2016...

What's wrong with major offshore holdings?

From what I've seen, it's the loopholes used get the money there that's bad. Like a business that sells a product to itself for $0 between countries so it isn't taxible in many ways, then 'resales' the product in a more preferable way.

It is not that offshore holdings are bad in itself, it's that they are a primary resource corporations use when avoiding taxes, so it is an easy target to pick on instead of the targetting the behavior.

Who the hell would be against small business?