Would you purchase Windows 8 for $40?

Gremlin

36 members have voted

1. 1. Windows 8 $40 ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are reasons to make this purchase but just as many not too. This is not a compelling upgrade, nothing that screams it needs to be done. However the OS is solid and there are some neat features. The wild part is I think this is the OS of extremes. If you are a geek that loves to explore his computer then this is a great OS and worth the cost as you get to explore an OS that is truly different, something we have not seen since Windows 95. If you are the uber casual user, someone that is is only about access email and Facebook then this OS actually has a lot to offer in the pure ease of simplified access. If you are in the middle and are happy with your current OS then there is nothing here.

I think most people just want their OS to work. Most people also don't want to pay for what mostly amounts to a sideways or even slightly backward "upgrade".

I think most people just want their OS to work. Most people also don't want to pay for what mostly amounts to a sideways or even slightly backward "upgrade".

Hence my point that it seems to be a best fit for the two extremes...

Not impressed with Windows 8, Metro UI seems un-needed or could have been implemented in Windows 7 by way of an app or widget. Unless you're not coming from Windows 7, then yeah, otherwise, Windows 7 is just fine.

Even an user accustomed to windows XP, will find it very difficult to adapt to win 8.

I'm still failing during the upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 8 Pro. I guess I'll do a clean install if I can't figure out a way around it. I already uninstalled 7 apps that could be causing the failure... Maybe 8 ia the magic number. :P

Edited by El_Capitan