Would you purchase Windows 8 for $40?

Gremlin

36 members have voted

1. 1. Windows 8 $40 ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not impressed with Windows 8, Metro UI seems un-needed or could have been implemented in Windows 7 by way of an app or widget. Unless you're not coming from Windows 7, then yeah, otherwise, Windows 7 is just fine.

Im sorry but I wouldn't even use it for free. I may take the free copy and put it on a computer for sale, but not for personal use.

Unless for some ungodly reason that I must switch to windows 8. At that point in time I'll switch to MacOS. It kinda goes like this

Win 8 > MacOS 9 > Win 98 > Win Xp > Win Vista > Linux > Mac OS X > Win 7. The next is line is OSx, I just don't see another windows in my future.

Edited by hornybluecow

Im sorry but I wouldn't even use it for free. I may take the free copy and put it on a computer for sale, but not for personal use.

Unless for some ungodly reason that I must switch to windows 8. At that point in time I'll switch to MacOS

Lol

Unless for some ungodly reason that I must switch to windows 8. At that point in time I'll switch to MacOS. It kinda goes like this

Win 8 > MacOS 9 > Win 98 > Win Xp > Win Vista > Linux > Mac OS X > Win 7. The next is line is OSx, I just don't see another windows in my future.

+1...with $40 I can get something that will compliment my build...and not take features away and make it look like a tablet

There are reasons to make this purchase but just as many not too. This is not a compelling upgrade, nothing that screams it needs to be done. However the OS is solid and there are some neat features. The wild part is I think this is the OS of extremes. If you are a geek that loves to explore his computer then this is a great OS and worth the cost as you get to explore an OS that is truly different, something we have not seen since Windows 95. If you are the uber casual user, someone that is is only about access email and Facebook then this OS actually has a lot to offer in the pure ease of simplified access. If you are in the middle and are happy with your current OS then there is nothing here.