Asus GTX 690 pushed too hard am i totally screwed

Laststop

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all cards these days come with oc'ing software, and so they expect you to do this and thus the products are normally warrantied for this type of stuff. Only volt moding with soldering stuff onto the card will void it typically. Check your asus warranty card for info, your prolly covered. If you had an EVGA card they will even warranty physical volt mods on some of their cards. I remember when back in the day oc'ing was frowned on and if you said you had oc'ed something they would just say warranty void, but ever since BFGTech did their warranties which was 24/7 replacement for damn near anything other then pure physical abuse, most other companies adopted similar warranties on enthusiats grade products like a gtx690. I don't think you'll have a problem getting it rma'd other then the normal asus rma process i heard was a nightmare.

This. Whenever I overclock I always have the replacement cost in the back of my mind. It keeps me from doing stupid things (usually). :lol:

Uh, if I remember correctly, you have had your VRM squealing more than once :lol:

Yeah , I remember. You won the game of chicken and beat me by 1/2 FPS I think. :cheers:

I think it was 1/2fps. Pretty much a tie. Don't think the vrms wanted to do another run like that :cheers:

Not sure if I'm willing to try that again, though. kinda scary lol.

The Heaven 3.0 run right? :cheers:

Oh...I thought you meant stressing them nearly to failure. The VRMs on my 4870X2s and 5970 squealed all the time when loaded down. :lol: I considered it normal operation. :P

Oh...I thought you meant stressing them nearly to failure. The VRMs on my 4870X2s and 5970 squealed all the time when loaded down. :lol: I considered it normal operation. :P

:withstupid: same experience, happy my 7950 isn't a squealer