Windows 8 and Games

InCrYsIs

There are various threads on Windows 8 but I want this one to be specific to games. I am getting ready to install Windows 8 at home and my 2 primary uses for home PC are school and GAMING.

So what I want to know in this thread is what games have you installed and played on Windows 8 that have been problematic. Now I don't want to see 10 year old games. An example of what I am looking for is "I was playing Borderlands 2 on Windows 7 and it was fine I installed Windows 8 with all the latest drivers and now it crashes or locks up etc."

Games I will be installing once Windows 8 is installed: Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Fallout New Vegas, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Doom 3 BFG

I will report back if I find anything.

This also would include any issues with Steam or Origin.

Edited by InCrYsIs

Running Windows 8 Pro and I've got the following installed:

Diablo II

Guild Wars 2

Dishonored

Terraria

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Amnesia: THe Dark Descent

Borderlands

Batman: Arkham City

Dead SPace 2

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Skyrim

All are running flawlessly. The only time I had an issue was with Dishonored. I tabbed out a few times and started getting a stutter every time I moved the mouse. Issue was resolved by re-installing the latest drivers.

Saw this over on Reddit yesterday, seems like a pretty neat way to go about it. The first comment has the XDA post about it.

I'm a little tempted to pick up W8 Pro for $30 or so $40, more likely just to have for when I want to try it out. I got W7 that way and didn't install it for nearly six months, so I'll probably do the same with W8. :lol:

Saw this over on Reddit yesterday, seems like a pretty neat way to go about it. The first comment has the XDA post about it.

I'm a little tempted to pick up W8 Pro for $30 or so, more likely just to have for when I want to try it out. I got W7 that way and didn't install it for nearly six months, so I'll probably do the same with W8. :lol:

I was really going to let this one go bye. But I have a copy for the best price FREE. I already know in advance I won't be using my G930 headset until they release drivers for it but I have a backup plan for that. The fact that Logitech didn't get drivers out for their flagship headset baffles me. I did a pre-install checklist and that looks like the only issue as of now. I think my games will be fine but you never know.