Build for my brother

t0asty

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench in here but I would suggest looking at a different MOBO. I'm sure its not a big issue but my buddy bought one of their boards and it turned out to be a dead board. In addition to it being dead ASrock doesn't have a warranty so he would have to send it in and pay for everything... although I'm sure that this was an isolated incident I would suggest looking into a different brand MOBO.

In addition to it being dead ASrock doesn't have a warranty so he would have to send it in and pay for everything...

I don't understand. It it was inside warranty period, the concerned authority should replace it altogether and the owner of the board don't have to pay at all.

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench in here but I would suggest looking at a different MOBO. I'm sure its not a big issue but my buddy bought one of their boards and it turned out to be a dead board. In addition to it being dead ASrock doesn't have a warranty so he would have to send it in and pay for everything... although I'm sure that this was an isolated incident I would suggest looking into a different brand MOBO.

Hmm not sure what you mean by ASRock not having a warranty? Says right on their site there is a 3 year on the MB. I have personally done an RMA with them without a problem...

Regardless, picked up the MB and the 3570K for $270 at MicroCenter yesterday. Was my first time in that place and I didn't want to leave...

Hmm not sure what you mean by ASRock not having a warranty? Says right on their site there is a 3 year on the MB. I have personally done an RMA with them without a problem...

I think he meant his buddy bought one second hand and it was dead.

I've had bad luck with them but my case was a bit more...odd...than most. Their boards in general seem to be not only very well liked for the price but also pretty darn reliable.

Hmm not sure what you mean by ASRock not having a warranty? Says right on their site there is a 3 year on the MB. I have personally done an RMA with them without a problem...Regardless, picked up the MB and the 3570K for $270 at MicroCenter yesterday. Was my first time in that place and I didn't want to leave...

I think he meant his buddy bought one second hand and it was dead.I've had bad luck with them but my case was a bit more...odd...than most. Their boards in general seem to be not only very well liked for the price but also pretty darn reliable.

No it wasn't used, he bought it straight from Newegg. Now I will admit that I spoke without researching it first, but i guess what happened is that he didn't get an extra warranty with newegg and he probably doesn't know about the warranty that still holds with ASRock (I will have to make sure to inform him) which according to there website is only a year. This is the quote from ASRock's website:

"ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue. For the motherboard that out of warranty, there is a service charge depend on the model + shipping for each item. ASRock America will only provide warranty service to ASRock products purchased within North America."

But I mean this is really my only experience with ASRock so like I side its probably a rarity... If most people would recommend them then I would trust it... Plus you already bought it so it doesn't matter anyway :biggrin: