Club Windows 8

wevsspot

CJ, there are couple different options including paid (as mentioned earlier) or free. Various options discuss here;

http://www.overclock...hread-also-club

And here;

http://techmell.com/...ws-7-windows-8/

Programs that make the task simpler;

ViStart

Classic Shell

Startmenu7

Stardock Start8

i went for the classic shell ftw ! ...it's all better now

...so i can get wit dis,,,, or i can get wit dat !!

So how did you guys get Windows 8 for $14.99? Thanks

Windows 8 upgrade offer, any PC bought with Windows 7 installed in 2012 gets a cheaper upgrade to Windows 8 until January 2013, or atleast that's how I understand it

Well I have it installed and things are going well so far. Games are downloading from Origin and Steam. Drivers, settings and Apps all went well. Ran Heaven Benchmark and noticed some improvement there. It is very quick IMO from booting to file transfers. Haven't had any obscure errors or crashes. Using the classic shell app and that is working nicely. Check back later.

Oh yeah and I sent Logitech a not so nice support ticket about not having G930 drivers ready for Windows 8 release.

Edited by InCrYsIs

As far as modern OSes are concerned in my experience the bundled drivers with the OS are pretty much satisfactory for everyday use anyway. Still would be nice to have some certified Windows 8 drivers I suppose. Windows 7 drivers don't work I assume?

Edited by EuroFight

As far as modern OSes are concerned in my experience the bundled drivers with the OS are pretty much satisfactory for everyday use anyway. Still would be nice to have some certified Windows 8 drivers I suppose. Windows 7 drivers don't work I assume?

After reading around sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Some have ended in reinstalling OS. I have a backup pair of creatives that plug into sound card. I will show patience.

Well I have it installed and things are going well so far. Games are downloading from Origin and Steam. Drivers, settings and Apps all went well. Ran Heaven Benchmark and noticed some improvement there. It is very quick IMO from booting to file transfers. Haven't had any obscure errors or crashes. Using the classic shell app and that is working nicely. Check back later.

Oh yeah and I sent Logitech a not so nice support ticket about not having G930 drivers ready for Windows 8 release.

I had a memory crash this morning, prolly due to these gskill pis"s being barely stable anyways, but everything else is basically ok...I went ahead and did a total clean install too just to start with a clean slate...back to win 8 specs...