Club Windows 8

wevsspot

The thing I hate the most about Win8 is if you change your mobo you have to buy a new key, you simply can't reactivate it even via automated phone system. Boss called up one of the reps and he said you have to buy a new key, this is in the license agreement blah blah.down2.gif

My M$ rep told me each retail key had a three activation life span. All my keys are action pack or technet so I cannot test for this. I may have to just go buy a retail copy to test for this.

i want to trash my windows.old file and recycle the data space but every time i try to i get a message to provide administrator permission first, then i click "continue" and get message #2 "you require permission from CJGAMER/cj to make changes to this folder" wth ???,....i am cj and the only user so how to get rid of this folder ??? ,....any ideas ??

i want to trash my windows.old file and recycle the data space but every time i try to i get a message to provide administrator permission first, then i click "continue" and get message #2 "you require permission from CJGAMER/cj to make changes to this folder" wth ???,....i am cj and the only user so how to get rid of this folder ??? ,....any ideas ??

a little help please...

I'm not entirely sure if it'll work, but right click the folder, go to the security tab, select your account on the "Group or user names" box, and then under that, give that account full permissions. Press apply and then ok, and then try it.

I'm not entirely sure if it'll work, but right click the folder, go to the security tab, select your account on the "Group or user names" box, and then under that, give that account full permissions. Press apply and then ok, and then try it.

i thot fer shure dat waz it brah but nah, ditn werk...imma try a safe mode restart...

Go in your windows.old and try to delete the main folders one at a time. In the meantime, it'll clear up some space until you figure it out. Your users folder, which probably takes up the most room, can most likely be deleted.

Go in your windows.old and try to delete the main folders one at a time. In the meantime, it'll clear up some space until you figure it out. Your users folder, which probably takes up the most room, can most likely be deleted.

yup, well guess what, F8 is out apparently,...win 8 doesn't safe mode like ALL the other os's that have gone before,...it seems there's whole riggamarole a caca ya gotta go thru to get into safe,...ok aight oh well, this here is gonna wait 'til later...

I had the same issue with some software installation folders, if you want to do it inside Windows:

Right-click folder > Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner > Edit > Other Users and Groups > Type Username > OK > Close all Properties/Security windows...then

Right-click folder > Properties > Security > Edit > Find 'Administrators' > Give Full Control

You should now be able to delete or modify the folder as you wish thumbsup3.gif